Name your camera that you use and why you use it :)

Nikon D5000 Tamron 18-270 lens.. going to upgrade some small steps... any suggestions to what would be next step up .. thanks

D3100 - My first DSLR. Wanted something reasonably priced that would also grow with me for a while. I also really like how it felt in my hands.

Its been a great camera to learn with.

Olympus OM1- The camera that I started shooting with. It got me through all my photo classes in school and went everywhere with me.

Canon 60D- Seemed like a good idea at the time and I'm still happy with it. Got me back into photography and its the digital replacement of my OM1.

Canon Elan 7- Never had a fancy schmancy 35mm film camera. Won it on eBay for $15 and I can use my EF lenses on it. How could I go wrong???

Nikon D3100, because I wanted a DSLR and got it for $450 NIB and couldnt pass it up, Have not been able to put it down ever since !!!

Nikon D40..,, but asking Santa for a D3x (ha ha) or a D7000.

Pentax K5 - Weather sealed, small, excellent build & ergonomics, high iso performance, backwards compatibility with old lenses, overall image quality.

Nikon D60 !! Because it is my first camera and want to get good before I get better equipment !!

Canon 40D. I've used Canon gear since I was in high school and this was an upgrade from a Rebel XTi. It was the best I could afford when I bought it and I haven't found a reason to move on.

T3i - because it's a great price, and I'm starting up a new Youtube channel soon :)

D80 because I sold my D40 + lens to upgrade to this. I absolutely love this camera. I love how every setting has it's own button and you don't have to sit there and bring up the menu on the screen and scroll around (like on the D40). Photo colors turn out better on the D80, there seems to be less noise at higher ISO's, it has an IFM (this was the main reason I was sold on it), and I actually like the bigger camera feel.

Sony a100 - DSLR

Minolta Max5, X700 - main film gear

Argus C3 - it's what I learned with

Currently: Fuji FinePix S1500 10mp 12x optical - many modes to choose from this is an upgrade from my old camera
Kodak EasyShare M530 P&S 12mp 3x optical - Christmas gift from last year / fits nice in pockets when bike riding or walking
My Phone: Samsung Galaxy S 5mp - always with me

Old equipment: Fuji FinePix S3100 4mp 6x optical
Old Vivitar 35mm w/ manual zoom

Primary: Canon 5DMKII because I like the full frame and quality I get from it.

Secondary: Canon 7D when I need better hand-held performance in low light mainly.

Backup: Canon 40D only if the other two cameras are set up for something and I don't want to disturb them.

Specialty: Fuji Finepix Real3D W3 for shooting 3D photos and video.

Primary Film: Mamiya RB67 because I just love playing with it sometimes.

Secondary Film: Assortment of cameras including Mamiya C330, Mamiya 645 Pro, Hasselblad 500C, 1962 Nikon F Photomic, 1955 Canon IIS2 Rangefinder, Exakta VX500, because I just love playing with these sometimes too.

The other 40 or 50 cameras I have are just antiques for admiring; I've never loaded them (yet). :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back