Name your camera that you use and why you use it :)

I've got a T3i and the two kit lenses: 18-55mm and the 55-250mm. This is my first DSLR and also didn't have a huge budget and figured this would be a good camera to start off with. Looking at getting the Canon EF 50mm f1.4 next. I'm not sure which direction I want to go in for sure yet since I'm still developing my "style" and what I shoot. Therefore I will work with the kit lenses for now and work my way up to get some solid glass ;)

I chose the Canon over Nikon because I liked the feel better and the capabilities were pretty much the same.

Olympus E-500 One that I could afford

Sony Alpha A200. Tons of bang for the buck. A nice macro 300mm zoom to compliment it. Really happy with it and think this line put Sony on the quality camera map.

I'm now using a Nikon D5100, cause that's what my wife gave me for Christmas.

Nikon D5000 because I started to care what I shot.

Canon T2i because I got a killer deal from the local Best Buy. It does everything the T3i does and I don't shoot external flash yet so this seemed like the right choice. I needed an upgrade from the xs and couldn't drop the extra cash for a pro camera

loopy said:
Pentax K5 - Weather sealed, small, excellent build & ergonomics, high iso performance, backwards compatibility with old lenses, overall image quality.

Whoa finally a Pentax...lol, ok so I'm in the market for a midrange dslr, sell me on the K-5? How are the lenses? Flashes etc...

Had my heart set on a 60D but now I'm second guessing after researching the K5.

D7000 because my D50 broke and I bought the D90 and then the D7000 came out with much better low light ISO and faster frames per second, bigger sensor, better build on and on and on...its the flagship before you hit pro range NIKON cameras and I am not a pro but a prosumer hahahaah.

nikon d3100 because i want to move up from "no longer a newbie moving up"

Minolta 5xi, 1st slr that I could afford before digital.
Nikon D90, because I did not think I needed anything better at the time the D90 was introduced. I was just clueless...
Nikon D300, because I found a clue from above.
Nikon D3, because I have been wanting to get into full frame and this was one hell of a deal!

A panasonic dmc-fz28 as it looked like a great place to start (it is I think)

Canon 50d, because google convinced me the Nikon D90 or canon 500d was the best I could do with the amount I had to spend, but the man in the shop convinced me the 50d was a better investment for just a little more outlay.

Canon 550d because I got it very cheaply and it was either that or an everyday superzoom (circa 18-250 or 18-270) but i prefer the benefit of 2 cameras with a kit and a telephoto zoom lens(slightl better quality, cheaper and also now have a backup camera)

I started with 3.2 megapixel Kodak point & shoot camera and took tons of pictures.
My first dslr was Canon 450D then I moved to Canon 50d then 60D and now I'm using Canon 5D mark II with some L lenses.
I wasn't sure about aperture shutter,speed, exposure, custom white balance metering modes & Raw format cuz I used to take pictures from my point & shoot camera on auto mode and never had a chance to use film camera in paste.
The more you take pictures the more you learn. My first 10000 shots were crap.
Why 5D mark II ?
It's a brilliant camera with low light efficiency & takes Stunning pictures & full HD movie clips.
I simply Love it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back