Name your camera that you use and why you use it :)

Canon 7D. I mostly shoot motocross and it does a pretty nice job at everything else too.

COLTSFANATIC1 said:
Nikon D3100, because I wanted a DSLR and got it for $450 NIB and couldnt pass it up, Have not been able to put it down ever since !!!

I just got one of these for xmas and i absolutely love it! I love shooting my kids! They already told me im taking too many pics! Lol

My first 35mm was a used Minolta viewfinder camera sold to me by a friend. After 6 months or so of "lens cap" shots (it wasn't an SLR, so I couldn't tell if the lens cap was on or not!), I went to a nearby camera store and they put me into a Canon AE-1. That was 1975. The AE-1 had teething problems and they gave me a full refund towards an older EF model Canon. I loved it! I had time and money back then and bought several lenses as well as another EF. Situations change, lives change, and 1990 or so I put it all away. Flash to 2003, and I picked up a Canon G3. You think I'd go with something other than Canon? NEVER! Then, on to a G5, a used 30D this past spring, and now a new 60D.

Now all I have to do is cure the mysterious "L" disease that I somehow acquired with the 60D. My credit cards are all crying "uncle" already!! I'm beginning to think that TPF may be a "carrier" of this unusual disease!

Last edited:
I just bought a Nikon Coolpix P500 and I couldn't be more pleased with it. I had a $200-$400 budget and wanted a superzoom camera with near-DSLR quality/features. This camera fit the bill exactly-- with 36x zoom, 12 MP, full Manual Mode, decent range of apertures, shutter speeds, and ISOs. Image quality is superb.

I use a Nikon D40 because that's what I could afford at the time. I now love it and squeeze every bit of life out of it to get my shots. It's also a very durable little fella. I've taken just under 80,000 shots with it and it hasn't skipped beat.

I'd like to upgrade just for some more flexibility, but will do everything I can to upgrade without selling this little gem.

~80K shots?!? Wowza!

Started with a Canon Rebel XT because I got a good deal with the lens, etc. I liked it and then continued to the Canon 40D. Now I have a 7D which is just fantastic!

Canon T1i I don't see many of these here but it's what I could afford and came with two lenses so not bad. Wife gets mad all the time saying I take too many pictures of everything. Wonder if she'll ever understand lol :) but she enjoys it sometimes

Nikon Coolpix P100: very versatile, good image quality. Downside: easy to overexpose but with spot metering or using manual with an external meter this is less of a problem.

Sigma DP1s: small, shoots in RAW, good image quality, metal body (rare for a compact). Downside: slow.

Voigtländer Vitomatic 1a: good lens, easy to load and wind on, great images (even with mediocre film), excellent build quality. Downside: no rangefinder but I have one that goes on the shoe and I generally use hyperfocal because of the speed and ease of shooting anyway.

Canon EOS 40D because I got it at a fair price used from a friend.

Soon: Olympus 35 SP because I like taking snapshots of family and friends with a full manual and analogue medium.

My main digital body is a Canon 20D because I am a poor student and can't afford a 5D.

My main film body is a Canon AE-1 because it's an amazing camera and a Canon.

My street shooting camera is a Canonet QL17 because it's a stunning looking camera, smallish and a Canon rangefinder.

My only medium format is a Lubitel 166b but I have access to a Hasselblad with digital back, Pentax, Bronica and Mamiya.

I know I included film cameras in a digital forum but it's boring only having a 20D, and it's in desperate need of a sensor clean!

Oh how I love the Canonet!!!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back