Need a new computer monitor

I'm new member. 40+ yrs amature photog taking baby steps trying to upgrade to serious amature/ simipro. After reading y'alls comments, I'm looking at the NEC Multisync EA23 monitor. It seems to have the benefits you guys commented on. I can get it reasonably priced around $268 bucks. Am I on track or screwing up? This is in my price range. I have same beafs as others with print and view matching. I have a Epson printer.

Last edited:
I got a 23" Samsung at Sams' Club for $199. That was last June, so who knows what they have now.

There are going to be many options out there. It really depends what your specific needs and budget. IPS technology is a must for anyone considering serious color management. IPS gives a much broader viewing angle and superior color accuracy. You can find decent IPS displays such as the Dell Ultrasharp series for less than $300. See here, http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/sna.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~topic=ultrasharp_monitor

That being said, it really depends on your specific needs. For many these value IPS displays are adequate. For others, such as high end print houses or commercial photographers, many need the higher quality of higher end displays like, Eizo, Barco or Lacie. Best of luck to you.

Since this thread necro comes 3 years after the original discussion, the models recommended then are no longer available.

The Dell UltraSharp monitors (e.g.: U2311H) offer quality IPS LCD panels at reasonable prices. There's a coupon that expires this week that makes the prices quite good.
Dell UltraSharp IPS Monitors - Slickdeals.net

Most reactions

New Topics

Back