Need advice on a lense for a wedding

get your name out there as a wedding photographer?

baby steps, dude....baby steps.

not trying to be an asshole, but in one thread youve managed to aspire to shoot a wedding in 10 days (with equipment you're still learning, and minimal equipment at that), and explain that you are new at this...those 2 facts are a recipe for disaster and disappointment.

photography is awesome and there's SO much information to soak in. shoot, read, shoot, read, soak soak soak...
it sounds like you love photography, so learning should be fun! :thumbup:

I am new to this photography but I got to start somewhere. So I may as well do a crash course in it. I appreciate your honesty though. Its my sisters wedding so she is fine whatever I shoot. I just want the pictures to turn out tasteful thats all. I have spoke with her about all the different kinds of shots she is looking for so I am just going to follow her lead and do my own thing. I have confidence it wont be what a pro can do, but I will die trying. Thanks for the support.

Went to your site. I like the photos. You have natural eye. Thanks for the inspiration. :thumbup:

You know, I think a good flash and the 50mm f/1.8 AF-D would just good investments for the future because I'm sure you will upgrade at some point and the 50mm is a good lens to keep around.

Went to your site. I like the photos. You have natural eye. Thanks for the inspiration. :thumbup:

thanks man...very much appreciated.:hug::

(i gotta ask...did you go to the flickr or the .com? i havent updated the .com in forever:mrgreen:)

Tusk - as a previous owner of the D3000 I will tell you that you get a lot of noise once you go past ISO 400 (200 for that matter). If you're shooting low light, you're going to need to bump up ISO along with your lens choice. Food for thought.

thanks man...very much appreciated.:hug::

(i gotta ask...did you go to the flickr or the .com? i havent updated the .com in forever:mrgreen:)

Yes sir I went to your flikr page and the other page. Good stuff. I really like your style. You have a Suicide Girl feel to just a little bit. Keep up the awesome pictures.

Tusk - as a previous owner of the D3000 I will tell you that you get a lot of noise once you go past ISO 400 (200 for that matter). If you're shooting low light, you're going to need to bump up ISO along with your lens choice. Food for thought.

Thanks man. Its my first SLR camera. MY brother in law can get me lenses for cost but there is not much mark up on the lenses I am looking. Now if its a 2,000 dollar lens then I can get it for almost 60% off of retail price, but AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G is $199.99 and his cost is $154.00 before tax. Its a small break but not alot. I noticed there was alot of noise in my pics. I guess my new lens will be AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G for the mean time. Stupid AF-S and the extra money.

You know, I think a good flash and the 50mm f/1.8 AF-D would just good investments for the future because I'm sure you will upgrade at some point and the 50mm is a good lens to keep around.

Yeah but I have been told that I cant use a 50mm f/1.8 AF-D because it does not have a motor in it so I was told I am stuck buying a AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G.

Thanks man. Its my first SLR camera. MY brother in law can get me lenses for cost but there is not much mark up on the lenses I am looking. Now if its a 2,000 dollar lens then I can get it for almost 60% off of retail price, but AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G is $199.99 and his cost is $154.00 before tax. Its a small break but not alot. I noticed there was alot of noise in my pics. I guess my new lens will be AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G for the mean time. Stupid AF-S and the extra money.

Don't worry too much about the AF-S. eventually you will need to upgrade your body anyways and at that point it won't be an issue... especially if you are going to get into weddings (I see a Full Frame in your future)

Yeah but I have been told that I cant use a 50mm f/1.8 AF-D because it does not have a motor in it so I was told I am stuck buying a AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G.

The lenses will work, you just have to manually focus them.

the older AF lenses will work but just won't auto focus. the 50 is a great lens to have. consider the pros and cons

Most reactions

New Topics

Back