Need some help

Agility Crested

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I recently got a new camera and my pictures are coming out a little blurry when printed. I had a Kodak z700 and never had this problem. My new camera is a Fugi s5200. What can I do to fix this?

are they blurry on your screen? (put a picture up for us to see)

where are you printing them from? your own printer?

Soft focus can be ...

Camera shake while the shutter is open

bad focus

bad lens 1) old and scratched

2) poor quality

and I am sure that I have left a few out.

If you post a picture with the details (f stop, iso, lens, etc etc) be sure we will run it down for you.

OK, lets try it this way since its been a few weeks since I took the pictures and dont know what the settings were, What settings would I need to use to get a nice close up of a dog?
This is one of the pictures I had printed. Ive been having them printed at Walmart, Is there somewhere better to go?
graciesm-1.jpg

Here are your camera setting (exif). These are imbedded in JPGs and can be retrieved by lots of free applications like IExif.

Camera Make: FUJIFILM
Camera Model: FinePix S5200
Image Date: 2006:11:28 16:45:00
Flash Used: Yes (Manual)
Focal Length: 9.0mm (35mm equivalent: 75mm)
CCD Width: 4.38mm
Exposure Time: 0.0095 s (1/105)
Aperture: f/3.2
ISO equiv: 1600
White Balance: Auto
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: Portrait Mode

At this distance from the subject, the depth of field is too shallow (your camera is at F3.2 its most wide-open setting) that only part of the dog will be in focus.

Additionally, the camera is set to be so sensitive (iso 1600) that you will be getting noisy pictures. There is a distinct color cast, see the magenta shadows on the white background.

You would be better off taking the pictures in a more natural setting (no completely white background), at the dog's eye level, not using the on-board flash, moving further away, setting the ISO to 200 or 400.

TT

Most reactions

New Topics

Back