Need to help choosing a non-business card design.

nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So lately I've been getting asked questions from not only people I know, but random people as well about where they can find my photos. Especially if I'm at a car show.

I decided it might be a good idea to make some "business" cards that just has info on it, like web addresses and what not to my website, flickr, instagram and email instead of having to verbally tell them or write it down on a napkin in which they can't read because my handwriting is so bad.

Moo make's awesome MiniCards and think that's exactly what I'm going to use. The cool thing about Moo is the fact you can make every card unique for no extra cost. While I don't really want to have different photos for each card because I don't shoot one kind of subject, I thought it would be better to just make some kind of general card that could apply to anything.

So I came up with these, but need some help chosen and suggestions. I'm really just trying to keep it simple, don't really need to go insane with it haha.

cardproof.JPG

Last edited:
If you are getting this question a lot at car shows, why not put a car image on there? Just a thought.

Well because I get asked elsewhere too. Not just car shows. Like, while grocery shopping...lol.

I could do 50 cards with car photos and 50 other random ones.

Probably a good idea to have them.

I used to carry a card that just said - ME :345:

If these are mini cards, I would skip the one with several pictures. To small to see anything.

Probably a good idea to have them.

I used to carry a card that just said - ME :345:

If these are mini cards, I would skip the one with several pictures. To small to see anything.

Yeah, I wasn't sure about multiple pictures because the cards are about half the size of a regular business card. They would be hard to see honestly haha.

Hmmm...

If you are getting this question a lot at car shows, why not put a car image on there? Just a thought.

Well because I get asked elsewhere too. Not just car shows. Like, while grocery shopping...lol.

just out of curiosity....
what are you doing while grocery shopping that gets people to ask you about photography?

just out of curiosity....
what are you doing while grocery shopping that gets people to ask you about photography?

People who know me, but don't really know me. Or they don't have Facebook. Might be a friend of my parents, my brother or sister-in-law or one of my own friends who didn't even know I took photos, lol.

I've had photos on TV before and one time someone heard my name asked me if I was the one who's photos was on TV. I ran into someone a thousand miles away who recognized me from Flickr.

Last edited:
Very cool, I like the idea a lot. I've had personal "calling cards" that I've used for years, since photography is more of a hobby for me, and I don't want people calling me at work for non-work related stuff. I kind of like the first one best - very simple, says who you are, and has a photo of you doing what you do on the other side. No need for people to remember who the guy in the sunglasses is, or have cards with different images for different events - both sides communicate instantly who you are and why they have your card.

Very cool, I like the idea a lot. I've had personal "calling cards" that I've used for years, since photography is more of a hobby for me, and I don't want people calling me at work for non-work related stuff. I kind of like the first one best - very simple, says who you are, and has a photo of you doing what you do on the other side. No need for people to remember who the guy in the sunglasses is, or have cards with different images for different events - both sides communicate instantly who you are and why they have your card.

I wonder if I should photoshop out the reversed Nikon logo. Kind of looks distracting. What do you think?

I wonder if I should photoshop out the reversed Nikon logo. Kind of looks distracting. What do you think?
Agreed - usually a good idea to remove branding if it isn't needed. Should be easy enough with spot removal or content-aware fill.

I made another design, I think I like this one. Decided to take another picture. This one is much more simpler. I tried to be a little silly to add some personality.

cardproof.JPG

I've used Vistaprint for years for business cards. Right now they have a sale on $7.99 for a 100 (basic card). We ordered some personal cards not long ago, image of the mountains on the front with our personal info on the back. There was an extra charge involved but it wasn't much. Myself I prefer a standard size, professional looking card. Gimmicks and off standard reminds me of a used car salesman, but that's just me.

I like the idea and I printed like 500 business cards years ago with a lot of info...needless to say 99% of the stuff on my car was worthless, Keep it simple.

But I am not a fan of the vertical photo with horizontal words, flip the words and I think it is a keeper. And it is something different.

I've used Vistaprint for years for business cards. Right now they have a sale on $7.99 for a 100 (basic card). We ordered some personal cards not long ago, image of the mountains on the front with our personal info on the back. There was an extra charge involved but it wasn't much. Myself I prefer a standard size, professional looking card. Gimmicks and off standard reminds me of a used car salesman, but that's just me.

I'll never use VistaPrint. I had nothing but problems with them in the past.

I like the idea and I printed like 500 business cards years ago with a lot of info...needless to say 99% of the stuff on my car was worthless, Keep it simple.

But I am not a fan of the vertical photo with horizontal words, flip the words and I think it is a keeper. And it is something different.

The problem is the text. I don't think it would look right. Remember these mini cards are half the height of a regular business card. I thought about getting regular sized cards, but I wanted something different.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back