never miss a step

metroshane

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
just practicing my commercial work....what do you think? (Doxx?)

olympus1.jpg

:lol: .. he just went to bed, but im sure he'll pop up in the morning :D

I am not an expert like Doxx, but did you try softening the light in the upper right and adding more evenly diffusion to the left edge. The bright glare in the upper right corner combined with the dark left edge doesn't sit right with me.

Metroshane - always depending what you want to sell...

If it is for the camera look at the lighting (shadows) and the angle.
Make sure that at least one of the horizontal/vertical lines are straight.
Also make sure your whites are white (background) -
use the white balance setting of your camera.
Congrats to your 10D btw. My advice read the menu, try everything and shoot, shoot, shoot.

olympus_c720.jpg

the drop shadows in this image are faked in Photoshop - not my work btw.
I just grabbed it from some photo website as an example for the same product.

If it is for baby photography... I really like the shot of the kid and the message
"never miss a step" matches the image.
The camera would be pointless in this case - you sell the moment,
a lasting impression - equipment is secondary.

shane.gif

Thanks for the input...really good suggestions. I'm trying to get to the point where I know what the pic looks like before I shoot it...then create what's in my mind.

Hey shane, not sure if you were going for the slightly red cast. If you were not there is a quick fix. In photshop or psp you can use the color pickers to change the wite ballance quite easily. Either pull up the curves tool or create a curves layer. Select the white point dropper and click on the white background.. voila! white.

Yeah, I was hoping that the slightly red would work to bring out the true b/w in the baby pic. I have since, on Doxx's advise, corrected the white in the photo and it still looks good.

The pics doxx posted are like instructional type pics that illustrate functionality. I was hoping to make mine more emotional and sell the product emotionally. Not sure if it worked...everyone has such great points. I can't believe I forgot the stickers!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back