New 645

Now wait a minute.... progress another step. Can't you make mural-sized enlargements from an 8X10 negative?

:lol: I can imagine myself in a dim red light, naked, with a sponge... developper flying around the room, in a sort of wild trance! Hum... sorry!

I've just received the camera, it's in perfect condition and it just falls perfectly into my hand.
It's pretty heavy and noisy though, but I suppose I'll get used to it.
How slow can I shoot handheld?

Can't wait to get out and shoot, it's love at first sight.

I may be mistaken, but the 1/focal-length = min shutter speed still applies, no? Mine came with the Seikor 80mm f/2.8 as well, and the general rule of thumb has always seemed to work for me.

And yes, it's a brick. Attach a good strap, or you'll regret it. And no el-cheapo-but-fine-for-35mm tripods, either. Almost lost my camera when the head about snapped. But by no means let that deter you. It's quite a fine camera.

Congrats again! I hope you have a lot of fun with it. :)

Now wait a minute.... progress another step. Can't you make mural-sized enlargements from an 8X10 negative?
He was referring to basic run o' the mill contact printing, for cyanotype or platinum/palladium printing...etc. I have the feeling if you ever went down that road, you would REALLY be doomed. :razz:

Most reactions

Back