New Camera Shopping....suggestions?

*BK*

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm looking to buy a new camera....I'd like to avoid spending more than $800....rephrase....I'm not going to spend more than $800 lol. I was looking at the Canon EVOLT E500. I've only looked online for ideas...then I'll go look at them and play with it and stuff. What's the consensus on this Canon...and does anyone have other suggestions within my price range?

I'm a bit confused...

Firstly...it's Canon, not Cannon. And secondly, Canon doesn't make the E500...Olympus does.

I would consider the Canon Rebel XT or XTi, the Nikon D50 or D80, the Pentax K100D, the Sony Alpha A100, the Olympus eVolt.

Agreed, since your budget will allow for an SLR I would definitely go that way instead of a fixed-lens model. One thing to consider though is that when you buy an eVolt or any other SLR, you are not only buying a camera. You are buying into a system and the camera is a body on which you can mount various lenses, flashes etc. Obviously the sensor and other technology in the camera is very important but choice of lenses will make an enormous difference to the kind of shots you can take and what those images look like. Therefore before buying any SLR I would do a bit of research on the system, work out your budget and decide how much to spend on the camera body and how much to leave for lenses, filters, tripod etc which you may soon find yourself needing.

First....I was looking at alot this weekend....so that's why the mixup with brands.....also, sorry I spelled it incorrectly...I wasn't thinking out what I was typing as I was typing.

I guess what I'm wondering....is there anything that has pretty consistent complaints? I'm not looking to buy anything tomorrow.....I'm doing research now, but figured I'd ask if there was anything in particular that people really like, really don't like, and why? I'm not buying anything until I can get my hands on it, feel it out, etc. But it'd be good to weed some out .....Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back