New camera suggestion

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by photosoto, May 17, 2009.

1. photosoto

photosoto TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hi,
    I'm new to this forum, I'm also somewhat new to photography although I think I"m pretty good at it.
    A friend of mine recently purchased an Canon EOS D-XSi which I was very impressed with.
    Would this be a good camera to start with and grow into? and are deals like this one something I should consider? I'm unfamiliar with what lenses I would need although I do know I would be doing closeup and distant shots.
    thanks!

Canon EOS Digital REBEL XSi 450D Camera +4 LENS 8GB NEW - eBay (item 120419088942 end time Jun-10-09 07:45:11 PDT)

2. nickisonfire

nickisonfire TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    yeah from what you've told us it seems as if the xsi would be a good fit for you, but those ebay packages are crap, most of the accessories are built cheap

3. Josh66

Josh66 Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yeah - get the camera, just not from there. 2 of those 4 "lenses" it comes with aren't even lenses. Some no-name memory card & reader. Everything on the bottom row except for the cleaning kit and screen protectors come in the box from the factory.

For about $100 more you can get this kit from B&H. Comes with better lenses.
    You will need to buy a memory card seperately if you don't already have one.

4. LarryD

LarryD TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Good camera........... lot's of capability for a decent price..

As the guys say....... get one from Adorama or B&H.. you cant go wrong there...........:thumbup:

5. photosoto

photosoto TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    thanks very much for the help. I am new to these higher grade cameras but have always enjoyed photography with my little cheapo.

So I take it the Canon lense is the one to go for? I need something with a good zoom and for closeup too.