New guy

The reviews on the 75-300 aren't good. If a higher quality image is what you're looking for, it's best to look at higher quality lenses. As I understand it, the 50mm 1.8 is an extremely sharp lens and you can't beat the price.

Hmm, the 75-300mm definitely would be nice to have. My only concern is the lack of lower focal point options you will have. I mentioned it a few time so far that the 50mm will actually produce an image equivalent to an 80mm on that Camera body. I would at the very least look into getting the camera with an 18-55mm kit lens at the very least so you do not find yourself with only 80mm+ focal lengths..
Thanks, but what do you mean by low focal points? How will that effect me?
Also, thanks inTempus and Helen, for the info on the refurbs. Thats awesome:lmao:

Hmm, the 75-300mm definitely would be nice to have. My only concern is the lack of lower focal point options you will have. I mentioned it a few time so far that the 50mm will actually produce an image equivalent to an 80mm on that Camera body. I would at the very least look into getting the camera with an 18-55mm kit lens at the very least so you do not find yourself with only 80mm+ focal lengths..
Also, thanks inTempus and Helen, for the info on the refurbs. Thats awesome:lmao:

I think he/she meant shorter focal length range.

Another vote for Adorama refurbs. just like new. Their used department is great and returns are no problem if needed. B&H great too....

thanks [=
Alright, but the refurbs don't have any warranty, correct?

Yes, cannon has 3 month- 1 year refurb warranty ( Through adorama.)
And you can purchase an extended warranty for $39.00 For 2 years. on refurbs.

( just bought all my gear refurbished through them)

Ehh, alright but what does that mean? :confused:
I'm really clueless when it comes to these things, I wanna learn and be a pro or something though:lol:

Ehh, alright but what does that mean? :confused:
I'm really clueless when it comes to these things, I wanna learn and be a pro or something though:lol:

Go here
Focal length comparison tool, Tamron USA

Right below the photo, you will see a sliding bar. The right side of the scale is longer focal length and the left side is shorter focal length.

Slide the blue triangle on the scale to see the differences.

The focal length of the lens affects the field of view. You can see more with a shorter focal length lens and see less with a longer focal length lens.

Last edited:
Hmm, I get it. So I would want a shorter focal length range if I would want to shoot things closer up, and a longer focal range if I want to shoot something retlatively far away?
@JPooh
I'm gonna keep the G10, because my parents have a crappy point&shoot, and I'll let them use my G10 occasionally, and if I don't want to lug around a DSLR, then I'd just take my G10:sexywink:
Plus, I'm not gonna trust my parents with a DSLR, especially not mine:x

Also, I was looking for a battery grip as well, and I saw on Adorama a battery grip(HLHC450D Hahnel Battery Grip with Infrared Remote for the Canon 450D Digital Camera) that sells for 119, and i found one that looks just like it, with what appears to be the same wireless remote for half the price.
(Battery Grip for Canon 450D 1000D Rebel XS XSI BG-E5 - eBay (item 350190243696 end time Mar-09-10 13:25:18 PST) Should I get the cheaper one? Since they look about identical =s
There shouldn't be any way a battery grip can damage a camera, right? Since I'm a 15 year old guy, I don't have tons of money like all you guys so yehh :[

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Yes, cannon has 3 month- 1 year refurb warranty ( Through adorama.)

ALL Canon refurbs sold by Adorama carry a full 12 month warranty (the 3 month warranties were phased out May 2009)

If you're shopping Adorama, definitely go refurbished. I just bought from there for the first time, and got a refurbished Canon G11. I've only had it a week, but it seriously is just the same as a brand new camera; I just didn't pay as much. :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back