New here, I Thought I would Get an Opinion

m_dub

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello, This is My first post and ive been on some sketchy, photo forum, mostly filled with 14-16 year olds with little or no experience and nothing good to say. So i found these via google search, and i would like an opinion.

I need to choose a third photo for my sample photo application. I have it narrowed down, Constructive criticism either that or just pick your favorite. Thanks in advance.

imgp03540013cq.jpg

imgp05350ve.jpg

lake2dt.jpg

Welcome.

1. Really like your perspective on this shot. Having the guys look out over the landscape helps give the viewer a feeling for the expanse of the shot, and helped lead my eye from the people, down towards the water and what was happening below. As for critique, I am not entirely fond of the guy in blue being 'lost' in the green of the tree, as well as the dog sniffing some mysterious part of the rock (now I understand, dogs don't just always comply haha)

2. Like how the sky gradually becomes blue, as well as the 'almost' silhouette that leaves just enough detail in to make out exactly what the biker is doing. (Sorry for my terminology) Also really liked the framing, which leaves the guy room to move into the frame :thumbup:. Will need more opinions on this but perhaps a slight crop off the bottom.

3. IMO, the first two photos are much stronger than this. The colours of the water and tree are good, but my eye doesn't really 'rest' on anything. (What I am trying to say is I dont' entirely get the 'purpose' of the shot) But on a positive note, once again, framing is on!

Personally, I liked the first the best, but you have some very strong photos here. Once again.. welcome

Welcome to TPF! I'm moving this post to the general gallery as this post does not follow the quidelines for the critique forum.

Mount Daniel On the sunshine Coast in Mandiera Park.
Its pretty cool, really short hike, for a great view.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back