New lighting, where do I start? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vonstarrphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I have always used natural lighting but decided that I would get some studio lighting. I know I need a light meter but in the mean time how can I practice without one as I need to save up for a few weeks! Any pointers? Sorry I know this is a bit vague but even some links to some videos that will help or tutorials would be great :) Thanks

Have you searched the forum yet? This question is asked every week.

Thanks for your completely pointless answer. Are you trying to say every time someone wants some advice they should trawl through old posts? I am a young mum trying to get help with my photography. I don't need you saying stupid things and being a smart ass... Hey maybe this whole forum should be abolished and we should all just youtube and google stuff?! Your comment is as I said pointless. But hey if this is how you get off, then please carry on......

You don't need a light meter. Although it makes things much faster. Youtube lighting technique on youtube that's how I started. Do u know how to read a histogram

You don't need a light meter. Although it makes things much faster. Youtube lighting technique on youtube that's how I started. Do u know how to read a histogram

Heya, oh OK lots of people keep saying I do but I wanted to attempt without it until I got one anyway. OK great I will look on there. No I don't. I have joined here as I need to get more technical with my photography as I have kind of just experimented and not read into stuff much or got much advice and have come to a dead end, hence joining on here.

Thank you for your response :)

Thanks for your completely pointless answer. Are you trying to say every time someone wants some advice they should trawl through old posts? I am a young mum trying to get help with my photography. I don't need you saying stupid things and being a smart ass... Hey maybe this whole forum should be abolished and we should all just youtube and google stuff?! Your comment is as I said pointless. But hey if this is how you get off, then please carry on......
See, in another thread, you were going on and on about forum etiquette. It's also good forum etiquette to use the search function provided by the forum.

PLONK...

If you have nothing useful to add then go spout off somewhere else. My etiquette is fine, I was simply looking for advice which I believe is why this forum is here. Now kindly leave me alone! I am bored of people like you on here and I have only been here five minutes. Whilst this may be a large part of your daily lives coming on here and knit picking it certainly isn't mine. You can go on and on but please do it somewhere I am not...

Why couldn't you of ignored my thread or been polite like the person above who actually helped. Manners cost nothing.

You can go on and on but please do it somewhere I am not...
But, but, but I was here first!

Not on my post you weren't. You have the maturity of a school boy and yet I bet you are some 40 odd year old boring man sat behind his computer screen pretending to be some one he is not. You would not be this rude to someone in the street would you yet because you can hide you act like an idiot. GOOD BYE

It wasn't a pointless answer. There is an absolute treasure trove of information packed into this forum. It's not like the only relevant things in photography are on Page 1, Beginners forum, TPF. Do you think you're the first person to ask that question? Everyone totally understands the point of a forum is to exchange ideas, but taking the initiative for yourself can be very rewarding when you find that nugget of information you've been looking for. This forum is not your personal google. There are real people who have real jobs and real lives beyond this forum. Most of the time, the best way to find what you're looking for is to search for, and discover it yourself, not ride "on the shoulders of giants".

EDIT: And while we're at it, and before you ignore me also, maybe you should go read this: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...-then-shall-we-just-let-blind-lead-blind.html

Are you trying to say every time someone wants some advice they should trawl through old posts? .
Yes.

Go play with some camera lights or something. YET ANOTHER USELESS COMMENT. Good bye also. I guess the ignore button is going to come in handy. hey maybe if you all come on here and ***** eventually I will just see answers and posts from people that have some manners and are willing to share their knowledge. That would be great :D

It wasn't a pointless answer. There is an absolute treasure trove of information packed into this forum. It's not like the only relevant things in photography are on Page 1, Beginners forum, TPF. Do you think you're the first person to ask that question? Everyone totally understands the point of a forum is to exchange ideas, but taking the initiative for yourself can be very rewarding when you find that nugget of information you've been looking for. This forum is not your personal google. There are real people who have real jobs and real lives beyond this forum. Most of the time, the best way to find what you're looking for is to search for, and discover it yourself, not ride "on the shoulders of giants".

Yeah I didn't think it was my personal google. I figured it was a place I could get help. I have looked through stuff and yes I have gone past page one. Stop assuming stuff... I have had about five people inbox me since I have put this up with great links and things and advising me to ignore all the people who like to act all high and mighty. So whilst you type away at me with more USELESS stuff Ia m getting the help I asked for which is all I really care about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back