New look

are the circular avatars gone? Or is mine square somewhat just because i managed to get on a different setting.
They're gone.

Red Skin is my new "happy place." :D
I'm happy you've found one! :)

I've been gone so long, all my old works will be new again.......Maybe I'll post a photo or two later.
Please do! I'm sorry about the loss of the PM's. Start posting again and have some fun!

Note sometimes a new skin takes a few days to iron out all the niggles - this is evne more the case today where you've not just got different browsers, but mobile systems as well. Keep reporting errors with as much info as you can and many of them should be sorted out

Well, I'm just gonna cower over here in the "Red Skin" corner then, until someone (someone I trust!) tells me it's safe to come out and look around again in the "new" TPF. For someone who hates change, and has OCD, the way things were changing yesterday as fast as I could find them, and sometimes two or three times, UGH--I was developing a tic just thinking about TPF.

This set up is MUCH better than what was here. I think once they get done tweaking it you will prefer this one far over the other. Kind of like swapping your hyundai for a lincoln. It also looks much more professional for our work. They get the bugs out we will probably be far ahead of the game. Especially the viewing photos bugs which hopefully they come up with a decent method of making photos easier and dump some more of this white background.

I'm happy you've found one! :)

To clarify: Perhaps I should have said, "Red Skin is my new Slightly less terrifying, agitating place." :lol:

This set up is MUCH better than what was here. I think once they get done tweaking it you will prefer this one far over the other. Kind of like swapping your hyundai for a lincoln. It also looks much more professional for our work. They get the bugs out we will probably be far ahead of the game. Especially the viewing photos bugs which hopefully they come up with a decent method of making photos easier and dump some more of this white background.

But…I don't like Hyundais OR Lincolns. :D

curious why you decided to come back?
Not that there's anything wrong with it!!
wavey%5B1%5D.gif

A) I come back from my hike and there are thick dark blue message separators :heartpump: It's amazing how such a small thing can make it so much easier to read.

B) Welcome back to another filmie! :)

C) I'm all good with the new skin. My favorite part is the serif font for the messages. Yes, font is that important to me :bek181:

I've been gone so long, all my old works will be new again.......Maybe I'll post a photo or two later.
curious why you decided to come back?

I can't really say I decided to come back. I had a monstrous falling out with Fuji color processing in Albany in late 2009 subsequently resulting in the inability to have my film processed. I continued to shoot until deep into the 2000's without the ability to have film processed which led to slow setting down of my gear. Like I told Overread, I am working on trying to rekindle my interest. I have been working to take my real equipment back up and stop toying with this cell phone. Came here to retrieve some of the information from my old works for posting on Farcebook, during my retrieval efforts I found my self compelled to comment on a thread...then everything broke, or at least it looked that way to me.

Well, it is a bit bright. Let's give it a chance.

It is much easier to read in Chrome on my Samsung!

To clarify: Perhaps I should have said, "Red Skin is my new Slightly less terrifying, agitating place." :lol:
awww....! :icon_hug: Maybe we'll upgrade that soon to "It actually doesn't suck too much anymore" place. Fingers crossed!

I don't like the new look at all, i much preferred the old look, it was much neater to my eye and easier to read, other forums offer a couple of styles you can choose between, this is a step backwards and may make me slowly migrate to another photography forum.

My 2cents

John.

Maybe they will decide to add this style (a freebie!)

@ Terri: The "Members" section may need a little work. First, unless I'm being blind and dumb (and it won't be the first time), I can't find a place where I can search for "any" member. Then, the "Notable Members" has some at the top with a ridiculously high post count and no posts. If you're going to call them "Notable Members", then something other than post count may be better. The other sections are fine (kinda amazing how many robots are passing through at any moment!). But I miss the ability to look up a certain member.

@ Terri: The "Members" section may need a little work. First, unless I'm being blind and dumb (and it won't be the first time), I can't find a place where I can search for "any" member. Then, the "Notable Members" has some at the top with a ridiculously high post count and no posts. If you're going to call them "Notable Members", then something other than post count may be better. The other sections are fine (kinda amazing how many robots are passing through at any moment!). But I miss the ability to look up a certain member.

Paul, the search box is there, just buried down the page a ways. I just went there last night to look up amolitar and couldn't find the search box at first.

So it's there, but it really should be up at the top of the page.

I don't like the new look at all, i much preferred the old look, it was much neater to my eye and easier to read, other forums offer a couple of styles you can choose between, this is a step backwards and may make me slowly migrate to another photography forum.

My 2cents

John.

Hi John, You can switch back to the old style by choose Style Chooser at the bottom of the page. Also we plan to offer a few different styles including a dark theme in the future.

Great "Skin: TPF Red v1" is the one we are use to.

John.

QUOTE="dascrow, post: 3416420, member: 35622"]

My 2cents

John.

Hi John, You can switch back to the old style by choose Style Chooser at the bottom of the page. Also we plan to offer a few different styles including a dark theme in the future.[/QUOTE]

Most reactions

New Topics

Back