New look

You look like Red Foreman in that pic.

Thank you! Been driving me crazy trying to figure out who that pic reminded me of.

Good grief,has it really been that long? Welcome back to the thrills and (occasional spills) of TPF, Battou!
Well if nothing else it seems to have drawn Battou out of a 5 year or so hibernation! Welcome back

I make no guarantees of backedness, I mean I come back and things start braking, apparently I drained all the pigment from the website trying to rekindle my self and dig up my old works. Real pain in the ass when pictures I shot on color film are black and white now.

On a more serious note....What happened to all my private messages. I just discovered that I can not find them when I wanted to quote some words of epic wisdom provided me Via PM.

On a more serious note....What happened to all my private messages. I just discovered that I can not find them when I wanted to quote some words of epic wisdom provided me Via PM.
TPF has recently changed from vBulletin to XenForo, and the PM's are "conversations" now. Is that where you looked? All of my PM's from the vB software converted over here, no issues. Can you check?

TPF has recently changed from vBulletin to XenForo, and the PM's are "conversations" now. Is that where you looked? All of my PM's from the vB software converted over here, no issues. Can you check?
Thank you, last time I looked at conversations it said I had none. They are there now.

*EDIT*

No they are not....it says they are but I clickl on them is says there is nothing there.

Today I've been able to reset it to the Red skin (for some reason yesterday it seemed to resize oddly) which is an improvement. But why do we have to reset it to that every time? What's the point of the latest change?

I've noticed a number of sites I use have changed to accommodate people using phones; some are different but still work fine on a computer, others are now difficult to use (pictures that are too big, too slow to load, too spaced out, etc. etc.). If that's the purpose of this latest change, it needs to still be usable for everyone on a variety of devices.

It hasn't been that long since the big Change, which for me was not an improvement but was at least usable. The biggest problem for me has been the right hand column takes up too much screen space and isn't anything I need to look at continuously (or at all, hacked up parts of photos isn't exactly what you want to see on a photography board is it?). I'd like to be able to read the forum reasonably comfortably.

Today I've been able to reset it to the Red skin (for some reason yesterday it seemed to resize oddly) which is an improvement. But why do we have to reset it to that every time? ......
Are you logged in? It will stay if you're logged in.

Note sometimes a new skin takes a few days to iron out all the niggles - this is evne more the case today where you've not just got different browsers, but mobile systems as well. Keep reporting errors with as much info as you can and many of them should be sorted out

but...........but..............

This isn't suppose to be about business. What about the art man? What about the art???

Thank you, last time I looked at conversations it said I had none. They are there now.

*EDIT*

No they are not....it says they are but I clickl on them is says there is nothing there.
Okay. Let's see if we can narrow it down further: when you were logged in last Tuesday (before this skin was added), did you see anything in conversations at that time?

Prior to Tuesday, you hadn't logged in since 2010. We've had so many revisions over the years with the former vBulletin application, it will be difficult to know when the old PM's actually went missing.

*EDIT*

Okay. Let's see if we can narrow it down further: when you were logged in last Tuesday (before this skin was added), did you see anything in conversations at that time?

Prior to Tuesday, you hadn't logged in since 2010. We've had so many revisions over the years with the former vBulletin application, it will be difficult to know when the old PM's actually went missing.

No, it said I had no conversations.

I've been gone so long, all my old works will be new again.......Maybe I'll post a photo or two later.
curious why you decided to come back?

Note sometimes a new skin takes a few days to iron out all the niggles - this is evne more the case today where you've not just got different browsers, but mobile systems as well. Keep reporting errors with as much info as you can and many of them should be sorted out

Well, I'm just gonna cower over here in the "Red Skin" corner then, until someone (someone I trust!) tells me it's safe to come out and look around again in the "new" TPF. For someone who hates change, and has OCD, the way things were changing yesterday as fast as I could find them, and sometimes two or three times, UGH--I was developing a tic just thinking about TPF.

Red Skin is my new "happy place." :D

are the circular avatars gone? Or is mine square somewhat just because i managed to get on a different setting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back