New member / First camera

If i go with the D90, which id love to do, I think i will get just the body at B&H and then try to find a wide range lens that is decent to start with. I'd rather get a great camera and slowly advance into better lenses.

If you want a really nice 'does everything great, does nothing excellent' lens, I'd highly recommend the Sigma 18-250!

Such a versatile lens that does a great job while never leaving you wishing for more (95% of the time for me anyway). For me it's been the perfect lens to have while saving money for the expensive 'good glass'.

If i go with the D90, which id love to do, I think i will get just the body at B&H and then try to find a wide range lens that is decent to start with. I'd rather get a great camera and slowly advance into better lenses.

most people will tell you to do the opposite. including me.

If you have a camera already, sure... if not, why not get the most out of your first camera body so you're not wanting more right off the bat?

If you have a camera already, sure... if not, why not get the most out of your first camera body so you're not wanting more right off the bat?

Thats how I feel. I'd rather get a nice camera and an ok versatile lens to mess around with and see what type of shots id like to excel in and then upgrade my lenses from there. Makes sense to me atleast lol

If you want a really nice 'does everything great, does nothing excellent' lens, I'd highly recommend the Sigma 18-250!

Such a versatile lens that does a great job while never leaving you wishing for more (95% of the time for me anyway). For me it's been the perfect lens to have while saving money for the expensive 'good glass'.

Thats exactly what I would like to start with I think. Thanks, ill take a look at that lens.

If you want sample photos let me know... I've had 2 of the Nikon version as well (18-200) and prefer the Sigma.

The other nice thing about the D90 is the low light performance ROCKS, so a little hit on the lens speed isn't as big of a deal since you can bump up the ISO and still have very acceptable photos.

Yea that'd be cool if you could pm me some pics. I just hope I can afford that lens. Throws me a little over budget, but we'll see.

You can always start off with a 50mm f/1.8D which can be found for $100-$140 easily and is almost a staple for any lens arsenal. It's fast glass, inexpensive and provides consistent great results.

Fun to shoot/learn with as well.

I love my 50mm 1.8, but I'd be upset if it were my only lens. it makes me take a walk all the time to frame the picture right. it's nice to be able to zoom a little bit.

You can always start off with a 50mm f/1.8D which can be found for $100-$140 easily and is almost a staple for any lens arsenal. It's fast glass, inexpensive and provides consistent great results.

Fun to shoot/learn with as well.

I will look into this lens as well. The pics look great btw, thanks!

Damn, lens choice seems even tougher than camera choice!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back