New Tattoo...Opinions?

If I were to start naming off bands from my generation guaranteed people wouldnt have a clue to who I was talking about

And who gives a shoot? No to mention that I may surprise you because I have kids and I listen to them. :D

I can easily name 100 bands you've never heard of for the simple reason I am twice your age, I love music so I pay attention to no-name bands, etc, etc.

Get over yourself. And start paying attention. You might learn something.

Your calling the BBC sessions of Fleetwood Mac mainstream?

I sure would. I don't think much of them.

But I wouldn't take it as a personal attack. It is just a matter of taste. Get off your high horse.

I know all the bands you mention and I'll challenge you to give me info I don't know about FZ. Before you even attempt to answer, let me tell you that I worked with the man and I probably know 100 times more about him than you will ever know.

Some of us here are older and know more just because of that simple fact. Get over it.

Whoa man chill maguill I just think its annoying when people criticize my taste by calling it 'mainstream'...dont you think its annoying when people criticize your taste?

If I were to start naming off bands from my generation guaranteed people wouldnt have a clue to who I was talking about

Who do you like from our generation?

Im not going to go on a rant here but Robzalien is good, Chemical Brothers, Boards of Canada, Sweatshop Union, Too $hort (yes its actually with a dollar sign), Andre Nickitina, The avalanches, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, Rodrigo y Gabriela (AMAZING guitarists they use the 'slap technique'. I encourage everyone to check them out...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-qgum7hFXk[/ame]

Last edited:

And who gives a shoot? No to mention that I may surprise you because I have kids and I listen to them. :D

I can easily name 100 bands you've never heard of for the simple reason I am twice your age, I love music so I pay attention to no-name bands, etc, etc.

Get over yourself. And start paying attention. You might learn something.

Im paying attention man! Throw me some bands, some artists. I respect older people and their taste. My Boss is 50 and a huge dead head. I respect his taste and even though I dont agree with some of his music collection I am not about to criticize him. Its his opinion and for that I respect it.

Jdub777,
It seldom pays to argue about music with old dudes...it's like wrestling with a pig...

Jdub777,
It seldom pays to argue about music with old dudes...it's like wrestling with a pig...

haha yes I know this. Whenever I ask my boss about new music I found he spits out knowledge like its no ones business. To give you a taste of this guy I gave him a random date in the 70's and he told me EXACTLY where Jerry Garcia was, what he was doing, and how long his hair was...But I see your point and im not trying to argue. Im open to discovering new music and I KNOW that i could never compete with most people who lived during that era. I envy them, want to be them, because I know that no matter how deep I dig I will never have that experience that they had growing up and listening to those amazing musicians

I just think its annoying when people criticize my taste by calling it 'mainstream'...dont you think its annoying when people criticize your taste?
I wasn't trying to pop you one. I am thouroughly pleased that you have the interest and ear for good music. The bands and artists you mentioned are good, but most people would know the names if not their music. That to me is mainstream.

If you really want to get the influences of R&R, you'll need to go back to 1930-50's blues.

Now, if you don't want to get ***** slapped over music, I'd suggest to tone it down. :mrgreen: As cloud mentioned, I'm over twice your age as well. Guess what ....... I still rock. My first LP (after 100's of 45s) was The Beatles - Hard Days Night. My second album was Black Sabbaths debut album. The flood gates opened then. I'm guessing we might have an edge on the older stuff. :D

Who do you like from our generation?

Im not going to go on a rant here but Robzalien is good, Chemical Brothers, Boards of Canada, Sweatshop Union, Too $hort (yes its actually with a dollar sign), Andre Nickitina, The avalanches, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, Rodrigo y Gabriela (AMAZING guitarists they use the 'slap technique'. I encourage everyone to check them out...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-qgum7hFXk[/ame]

:lol: It may surprise you to know that I know some of those :sexywink: haha

GOOD! I love those bands, usually people (especially gilrs) form my generation have no idea who any of those people are. Most are too into Lady gaga, Tpain, Kanye, and beyonce

I just think its annoying when people criticize my taste by calling it 'mainstream'...dont you think its annoying when people criticize your taste?
I wasn't trying to pop you one. I am thouroughly pleased that you have the interest and ear for good music. The bands and artists you mentioned are good, but most people would know the names if not their music. That to me is mainstream.

If you really want to get the influences of R&R, you'll need to go back to 1930-50's blues.

Now, if you don't want to get ***** slapped over music, I'd suggest to tone it down. :mrgreen: As cloud mentioned, I'm over twice your age as well. Guess what ....... I still rock. My first LP (after 100's of 45s) was The Beatles - Hard Days Night. My second album was Black Sabbaths debut album. The flood gates opened then. I'm guessing we might have an edge on the older stuff. :D

30's 50's blues? Your talking stuff that developed in France for crying out loud! For those who want to argue that, I am not saying blues started in France, because it didnt. I am just saying it was progressed further in France because the United States didnt want african americans coming back to the states after WWI so they fled to france where their music was LOVED. Josephine Baker (although she was a fraud) was in Paris, so was Stephan Grapelli, and Django Reinhardt, all great jazz musicains. Tin Pan ally, MONTMARTE, Quintette de Hot Club, Gare St. Lazzare all big places in the blues/jazz movement. Throw me some artists man! I want to hear what you guys used to listen to when you were my age!

Last edited:
30's 50's blues? Your talking stuff that developed in France for crying out loud!
You're an argumentative little cuss aren't you? Where did France come into the conversation? R&R was born out of the blues, the Mississippi Delta blues to be more specific. The blues is a byproduct of slave songs which has a gospel root.

:confused:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7XiT_mvhK8[/ame]​

30's 50's blues? Your talking stuff that developed in France for crying out loud!
You're an argumentative little cuss aren't you? Where did France come into the conversation? R&R was born out of the blues, the Mississippi Delta blues to be more specific. The blues is a byproduct of slave songs which has a gospel root.

:confused:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7XiT_mvhK8[/ame]​

Dope! I like it! Shoot me a message and give me some other stuff.

Heres one from my generation. This ****s pretty funky. Oh thats a 'Drumitar' that Future man is playing.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q50xzhDO9lI[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmoA8FwqF9I"] [/ame]

Last edited:
Passionate people with a few years on you will always win the contest if contest it is.

To most of us it is not a contest. It is just a love of music.

Boys and girls. Have a listen to Slade. UK early 1970's. Get the album Sladest. Its quality.

I feel you man its not a contest. back to the topic of the forum...the tattoo...opinions?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back