New to photography-c&c

Subvert

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just got into photography since it has always intrested me. I went out and took a couple snapshots for the first time. I have just bought a Panasonic DMC-FZ28 and like it so far. The last photo was taken with my phone at work, but I liked how it turned out. Any comments will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

P1000028-1.jpg

P1000033-1.jpg

P1000027-1-1.jpg

1229081433a-1.jpg

Welcome to TPF!

I like these, but here are my two initial thoughts:
2: I think the vignette effect here is too much, although I do like the desaturation effect.
3: I like this one, especially the tone - almost like a sepia tone! If this were mine, I'd crop it into a pano shape and blow it up really really large. Yup. Definitely like 3 the best.

i am new to photography myself, but i really like the 3rd and 4th one best. the second one is pretty good to, but def dont like the first one at all, sorry, but the others are all good IMO

Nice shots! I agree with most, I like #3 and #4 the most.. I like the tone on 3.

Very nice shots, I like #1 the best...Good eye on #4 though as well.

Welcome to the hobby and welcome to ThePhotoForum, Subvert!

Of these photos shown, the first attracts me because of the gradated blues from almost white to deepest blue, the third because of the subject (I love sparrows), the colours and the light, and if this were mine, I'd do the same as Harmony would: crop it to vertical so we'd be taken closer to the cute, little subjects. The fourth is well spotted and looks good, though I don't understand at all what I'm looking at... ;)
Leaves the second ... which is "not for me", as a) I really do not like vignetting, and b) I find the subject quite boring, and c) I see the slightly tilted horizon and wish it were straight ;). (All of this is purely subjective, of course).

Most reactions

Back