New to site and Photography

hondatuner4267

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all, I just purchased a Sony DSC-N2 this week. My hobbies include my car, paintball, and I am a firefighter so that also falls into hobbies I guess.

After looking through the owners manual for the N2 I saw that I was gonna need some help/advice on using this camera so I could get some amazing pics from it. As I said I like cars, so most pics will be of my car in different lighting conditions.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

-Keith

Welcome to the forum!

I am not familiar with that camera but if you post some pictures that you took or ask more specific questions it would be easier to help you out.

welcome to the Forum i aint fimilar with that camera etheir but i look into it
Braden Flannery

olympus 28-120
leica DBP
Voigtlander vitessa
Voigtlander vito 2 A
Canon EOS XS SLR

Welcome!

I'm a big noob at photography, so I fear I can't help you out =/
good luck!

Welcome to the TPF. If you can think of specific questions, someone here will respond, most likely several someone's.

Welcome & nice camera, once you work it out you are going to get some good shots. Maybe do the good old google search I am sure you will find something.

Cheers

Brad.

Nice little camera. Will fit into the pocket for 24/7 access. Not a bad thing. Have fun.

First tip. Do NOT keep this camera in a draw as the pictures are no good. Keep it in your pocket (And then, only when you are not using it) the picture quality improves dramatically.

General advice I have is take it off automatic and play..............no film cost's here.

For your car try and break some rules, use different white balances for effect, for instance you could use the Tungsten white balance outside on a cloudy or sunny day. Use flash at night on the slow shutter setting, use a wall or tripod to steady. Remember

Take lots of photo's, good luck and welcome to the forum

Nice little camera. Will fit into the pocket for 24/7 access. Not a bad thing. Have fun.

First tip. Do NOT keep this camera in a draw as the pictures are no good. Keep it in your pocket (And then, only when you are not using it) the picture quality improves dramatically.
I like the size of it, was a main selling point to me. Do not keep it in a draw?

here are a few shots after out riding around one day. these are on automatic settings. I will be out tonight in a larger town with more chances for city shots, and my camera and tripod will be with me so expect some night shots soon.
DSC00042.jpg

DSC00043Medium.jpg

DSC00046Medium.jpg

DSC00050Medium.jpg

DSC00036.jpg

DSC00035.jpg

Funky pictures. You could touch them up in photoshop to make them look even better but nice style on them.

Funky pictures. You could touch them up in photoshop to make them look even better but nice style on them.
i don't have an editing program. and the style..well yeah..its "funky" i guess. take a look at car magazines, most are in that same style.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back