New to the forum and already got a question... ;)

Rexx6.0

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am currently into the DJing side of things, and am looking to get out of the business... I have a nice setup, but want to get away from it as I don't have the "drive" anymore, plus a little girl due in December. ;)

Anyways, I am selling off all my DJ gear, and am wanting to update my camera/photo gear. Currently I have a Nikon D70s, and have 2 different Tamron lenses, one being a macro lens.

My question is this..

Target is currently selling the D5100 (the camera I'm sure I want), for $799 right now with a Nikkor lens. Should I jump on this price now? Wait until around Black Friday sales? Or stick with my D70s? The D70s isn't a bad camera, but the D5100 takes much better shots in my opinion after playing with one.

I was looking at a D7000 but from what I read, and what I will be doing, the 5100 should be plenty. Thoughts?

Here are a few shots I did playing around with my old D70s from the other day... I am a beginner to all the photography stuff, so these are far from perfect... I was playing around with settings, lighting, ect.
DSC_0120 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Most people here I think would recommend you only get better lenses, unless of course you need video. If the D5100 took better pictures did you use your own lens or your friends. I don't own a nikon so few might say I shouldnt comment here but a few friends have various nikon cameras at these levels (entry/prosumer) and they all manage great shots. A good lens may transform your camera, thats not to say the lenses you have are bad but all we know about them is the are Tamron

Most reactions

New Topics

Back