Newest Card

I've been doing some reading though, and I agree with the fact that your first 10,000 photos are horrible. I will try to take more!

here is something i cooked up from the elements you supplied... hope you don't mind :)

Attachments

• $D7.jpg
    $D7.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 121
It is simple... at least compared to my original I thought. I like your take on it, binga, I will see what I can do.

Maybe a silly question.. but what are you using to make these?

Photoshop Elements 8.

Try something graphic designers actually use....

Inkscape. Draw Freely.

Bitter... you are a better man than I... but you are probably still not "Relevant" for the OP! Besides, then the OP would actually have to learn to use a program that has real capability! Unlikely!

DGMPhotography said:
I'm choosing not to. Taking the advice of others, I don't want to argue, and inevitably, anything I say in this regard will lead to an argument :)

So, let me ask the question again. Maybe you've come up with an answer since the first time it was asked.

What are your credentials for your design services expertise? Where is your design portfolio?

Is it possible the irony has escaped you, that you've come here asking for design advice about your (extremely simple, uninspired and text-based) supposed "design services" business card?

If you don't like this question coming from another photog, just pretend I'm a potential client asking to see your book. :sexywink:

cgipson1 said:
Bitter... you are a better man than I... but you are probably still not "Relevant" for the OP! Besides, then the OP would actually have to learn to use a program that has real capability! Unlikely!

Charlie, I think the OP would prefer to stay in his smug, smarta$$ little made-up universe with his made-up titles and amateur (and completely inadequate) design abilities.

Oh, and... I appreciate your comment. :)

I don't understand why Photography, and Graphic Design seem to be the "easy" businesses to get into.
Proper equipment and software can be quite expensive.

For less that a decent camera kit, one can get into jewelery making, and repair.
The common everyday tools are cheap and easy to use. On nearly every job I use a small saw, files, pliers, sand paper, a rotary handpiece, very, very, similar to a Dremel kit you can buy at the hardware store, and a small torch. Anyone can easily operate these tools. Their functions are far simpler than using a camera. You can even do it out of your house! It's also rather easy money! There's also much less competition!

Why the draw to photography and design?

well. when you need to print this and don't want to pay for full color, I'll be here, mmk?

Most reactions

Back