Nikon AF-S 200-500mm f/5.6 ED VR

Braineack

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
priced at ~$1350.

I betting it's sharp and very popular at that price.

Ahem!

blast! you can delete this if you want.

The "Sport" VR implementation is something I have not read anything about. Price-wise this thing is around half of the price of the 80-400 AF-S VR Nikkor lens, so that is a big, big plus. Over the last half decade, Nikon has filed multiple 200-500mm lens patents (all of which were variable aperture, like f/3.5~5.6), including a JOINT patent they filed with Tamron; I have actually for over a decade believed that Tamron assembles some lenses for Nikon, and the joint patent application with Nikon and Tamron further makes me wonder if this new lens will be built on a Tamron assembly line. Anyway...yeah, it's nice to see a desirable lens that's priced so the common man can afford it. And f/5.6, constant aperture seems reasonable as a way to keep the weight minimal, and the price affordable.

Should keep it open and see how many give ya a hard time:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

The "Sport" VR implementation is something I have not read anything about.

you can watch about it instead:

seems like it helps the photographer stay tracked with the subject and slows the initial reaction.

I'm wondering if the VR uses a PID algorithm and they've upped the D value to dampen the P.

“When shooting action, especially on a monopod, the VR Sport Mode recognizes a panning motion to provide accurate compensation for camera shake, resulting in super-sharp images, with motion blur where the photographer intended,”

Last edited:
I'm wondering if the VR uses a PID algorithm and they've upped the D value to dampen the P.
Yeah, if they are Pee'ing too much you know they are just older tech and can't hold it as steady as well. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back