Nikon CLS firing a canon flash

DCerezo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Is this possible? Can a nikon camera/flashgun trigger an off camera canon flash. My cousin who is a photographer, has a speedlite and never uses it. I was wondering if it could be of any use to me as an off camera flash.

They do not speak the same language as far as TTL is concerned.

The Canon flash unit in manual mode and mounted on the Nikon camera hot shoe with the Nikon also in manual mode should work.

Be sure the Canon speedlite (model not mentioned) does not have a negative trigger voltage, or the Nikon electronics could be fried if you don't use a Wein Safe Sync - http://flashzebra.com/.

Last edited:
They do not speak the same language as far as TTL is concerned.

The Canon flash unit in manual mode and mounted on the Nikon camera hot shoe with the Nikon also in manual mode should work.

Be sure the Canon speedlite (model not mentioned) does not have a negative trigger voltage, or the Nikon electronics could be fried if you don't use a Wein Safe Sync - FlashZebra.com.

Not should, but will work :)
I know a studio that switched from Nikon to Canon (during transition from film to digital). The guy shoots with a Canon 50d, Nikon sb80dx and series of Tamron and Sigma lenses.
Few weeks back, I was at a wedding where I met an acquaintance of mine. Gave him my Nikon sb800 and he easily used it with his T2 Rebel (in Manual).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back