Nikon D3????

katm288

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been shooting with a Nikon D7000 for several years. I have the opportunity to buy a D3 with a low shutter count that was used as a hobby camera. What are your thoughts on this camera? Help!!

How good is the deal?

That's a lot of camera for a hobbyist.

From a D7000 it would be a huge increase in performance for sports/action.... ISO noise wise it will be a little better, but not hugely so. It's still a very fine camera.

But if you don't have the need, or the FF lenses it might be a bad choice...

Is it in good condition? (well taken care of)
What lenses are included?

It's easy to shoot and very FAST-responding. You're driving a Toyota now...the D3 is a Porsche. If the price is good, I'd say, yeah, give it a go, see what flagship-level build and subsystems are actually like.

The deal is great....I have several FX lenses already and I shoot mainly sports.

The D7000 has lots of backfocusing issues when I'm trying to get the perfect shot.

The D7000 has lots of backfocusing issues when I'm trying to get the perfect shot.

This is probably something that can be corrected.

wrong focusing mode chosen
bad lens
camera body malfunction

Thank you, Designer! I'll play with it today to see if one of the three is causing the issue. It only recently started to do this.

It's easy to shoot and very FAST-responding. You're driving a Toyota now...the D3 is a Porsche. If the price is good, I'd say, yeah, give it a go, see what flagship-level build and subsystems are actually like.

Just purchased it....let's what happens. I think I'll like driving a Porsche for a change.

You will love the D3 for sports. If you dont mind carrying the D3 around with you for daily shooting in a city, a park, family event then yeah do it. Once you start to enjoy the D3, you will wind up selling the D7000. Why drive your Honda Civic SI when you have a Porsche 911?

I love my D3 and I use it all the time. However Im awaiting to play with the new Fuji X-T1 for a walk around camera or this new rumor of a new Nikon mirror-less camera.

Awesome, Brian. I should receive it tomorrow and can't wait to start playing with it! I'm very excited!!!

What fx lens do you have?

I love the D3 with my 50mm f1.8. I also have a 35, 24-70, 70-200, 300mm and a 10.5 fisheye.

I have the 70-200, 80-200, 35, 50...I would love to own the 24-70. That's my next purchase.

The 24-70 is really nice. I like this lens a lot. You will really like the wider angle on fx as opposed to dx. The 50mm on the D3 is a great combo. Its still heavy but not that bad.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back