Nikon D3????

The deal is great....I have several FX lenses already and I shoot mainly sports.

OMG--you should have mentioned that...it's a great camera for "action" work! BIG viewfinder image, far easier to see what';s going on than in the D7100 and similar bodies...much faster, all around handling...just a major upgrade from a consumer-class body.

The deal is great....I have several FX lenses already and I shoot mainly sports.

OMG--you should have mentioned that...it's a great camera for "action" work! BIG viewfinder image, far easier to see what';s going on than in the D7100 and similar bodies...much faster, all around handling...just a major upgrade from a consumer-class body.

Ditto!

I just switched from a D7100 to a D800 and the larger view finder is awesome!

Anyhow, If you got a god deal on a low count D3, I say go for it!

It's here! I'm sooo excited...I'm in love with this camera already! Any D3 suggestions....I'm going from DX D7000 to full frame. Any suggestions or online tutorials. $DSC_4772[1].JPG

Basic setup isn't much different than the D7000... just get to using it and RTM.

Read the manual! There is so much to this camera. It's a great reason to tell the wife n kids leave me alone I have to learn how to use this.

I really hope, naw I know you will enjoy this camera.

Thanks everyone!

How is it going? What are your thoughts?

Go get it............

Hi all....I have to say that I fell in love with the camera, however, I had to send it back to the seller. The sensor was extremely dirty with some sort of oil and yuckiness. It also appeared that the sensor had a scratch on it. :-(. I'm reluctant to purchase another d3....

Hi all....I have to say that I fell in love with the camera, however, I had to send it back to the seller. The sensor was extremely dirty with some sort of oil and yuckiness. It also appeared that the sensor had a scratch on it. :-(. I'm reluctant to purchase another d3....
Dirt can be dealt with. A scratch is a different story. That's bad luck.
Why would you be reluctant to buy another d3?

Don't get discouraged by the D3. It's a great camera. I shoot pro sports for clients, not for fun. My images have to compete with others. The D3 is a great because 300k shutter, weather sealing, 9fps, raw files are clean n not 75mb like the D800 and they cost 2k. No need for a D4 or D4s. I need wifi but that's another story.

Keep looking around for a D3, when you find a good one you will love it.

@OP:The D3 is a great looking camera and I'm sure you will be happy with its many upgrades. I suggest hanging onto the D7000 though, especially on sports shoots, just in case you want that longer reach and higher pixel coverage of the cropped region (with a 36MP full frame this doesn't matter, but a 12MP yes, I would want to bring both bodies)

@Billydoo:
Nice.
The D3 is just a beautiful beast of a camera. It's my main body for weddings and it takes a beating. How?
Here is my D3 after it got run over by a car...
Why Pros shoot the Nikon D3 | Chris Bilodeau
Enjoy your new camera!!!
And from the article:
Any other camera body would probably be in pieces.
How could you possibly know anything of the sort? The D7000 the OP had for instance is also magnesium alloy. Or even a tiny plastic Canon SL1 might have survived, because A) The plastics they use are actually debatably as strong as magnesium alloy for certain types of damage, B) A smaller camera has less torque applied to its parts, and inherently higher crush strength all other things equal, C) Maybe the force on the body just simply wasn't high enough to break a lesser camera even if it does use weaker materials, etc.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back