Nikon D500 questions from owners.

Thanks Astro you have been super helpful. I will check it out when I get it make sure its snug. It maybe just the way people are opening the door and with there fingers.

Thanks Astro you have been super helpful. I will check it out when I get it make sure its snug. It maybe just the way people are opening the door and with there fingers.
I'm guess that they are putting their finger/thumb on the Rubber part then heavily pushing until their thumb moves to the door mechanism. Then pushing both the door and the rubber part out. Over time I can see this pushing the rubber thing out of it's cavity.

The 3 lines that is used to push against to open the door on the D500 are smaller and less tall than on the D750 example. So I now totally see how a user is using the rubber stop thinking it's part of the door opening mechanism, when it's not.

A definitely design/ergonomic issue.

You can't do this on a d750 (nor d600/D7000) as the rubber stopper is slightly below the flush surface. But on the D500 it's actually sticking above the surface a little bit and is large.

I have to push a lot more on the 3 small strips on the D500 to open the door versus the larger ones on the d750. And the D500 rubber door stopper gets in the way if you move your fingers over it.
video example

I think that is probably what is going on and people are pushing the rubber out.I think I recall correctly one poster on dpreview lost his on the very first day he opened the door.

I think that is probably what is going on and people are pushing the rubber out.I think I recall correctly one poster on dpreview lost his on the very first day he opened the door.
After we identified it, I clearly see the design problem now.

I normally open the door with my 4 fingers on the grip and my thumb only on the door. But as shown sliding your finger(s) across it you hit the rubber stopper, and the door itself requires more force to open as it's too smooth.

Feel free to share our findings to that other website.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back