Nikon D700 + ACCESSORIES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seller claims to have sent the package yesterday morning. Still waiting for tracking number. Now seller has turned off private messages.

I smell a fish.

Seller has 24 hours before PayPal and my credit card are contacted.

Will update ASAP.

I'm getting sick n tired of this ****. ADMINs I know you didn't ask me to join this forum and I can leave anytime. Please figure out a way to eliminate these scammers.

I'm getting sick n tired of this ****. ADMINs I know you didn't ask me to join this forum and I can leave anytime. Please figure out a way to eliminate these scammers.

I'm not ready to call this guy a scammer yet. Up until yesterday, his communication was fine. And I checked out his website and UT-Memphis email address before I purchased from him.

However, I 100,000% agree that the Admins of TPF absolutely must do something to provide more security for these purchases. Either:

1) A seller / buyer rating system, with reviews, so we can all know what someone has done here. Or...

2) Restrict selling to contributing members.

IT'S NOT THAT HARD, ADMINS.

---

As I said, will update as soon as I know more.

Well hopefully you get it... 2700 bucks for a gripped D700 and a 24-70 is a screaming good deal. Almost too good to be true... :roll:

As far as the "security" goes, this forum isn't any different than many others that have classifieds. Some others have a positive feedback stickied thread that seems to work well. Either way, buy with caution and do your research beforehand.

Well, a feedback or buyer seller rating system would not have helped you much in this case. Look at his post count, only like 44 posts. I doubt he'd have moved much of anything with that low of a post count, so his buyer seller rating would be 0.

Use post count / activity level as a rating system instead of yelling at the admins.

I hope you don't lose out on the deal...I was a bit skeptic when I first read it. Hopefully he's not a d1ck.

Ernicus said:
2 minutes of searching his posts on here and I found this...

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/photography-beginners-forum/262969-new-camera-couple-questions.html#post2395843

A little odd for someone selling a D700. *scratches head*

I saw that when I was researching him before the sale. He was away from the forum for several months. I figured a lot can happen in that time.
I'm crossing my fingers that he's just taking a while to get back to me. He can't possibly be foolish enough to think that a scam through a PayPal transaction will work. They always side with the buyer, especially when he hasn't even sent a tracking number.

This situation is just weird.

I hope it works out for you! I def. was interested in the D700 itself

Yeah, that's the great thing about paypal. It can be a hassle, and annoying, but at least you don't lose your ass when deals go bad.

boomer said:
I'm almost positive that this is his Facebook. Maybe try to send him a message there.

DeMarris Manns | Facebook

It's his Facebook. The Intact Graphics page is his business. I'm going to give him until close of business today before I go full-on stalker with this guy. I don't understand what's going on here.

He's not some Nigerian prince. He's a recent college grad from Martin, Tennessee. This whole situation is weird.

That was the reason I backed out, he had zero feedback anywhere including eBay. I told him I would buy but he would need to send and I would give him money instant. He said nope so I gave up. Smelled like fish from the beginning.

That was the reason I backed out, he had zero feedback anywhere including eBay. I told him I would buy but he would need to send and I would give him money instant. He said nope so I gave up. Smelled like fish from the beginning.

Well, I did the usual due diligence before sending money. He has a US .edu address, a live phone number posted on his graphic design website, an active Facebook page, etc. Not exactly the type you'd expect to try to scam someone.

Anyway, I began the claim process with PayPal tonight. If I don't hear from him by the end of the weekend, I will consider the case closed, this guy a scam and will update you all accordingly. At this point, the only options are that something terrible happened to him, or he's avoiding me for some reason.

This is the strangest online transaction I've ever been involved in.

Maybe he sold it locally and is just too much of a douche to tell you, he's in jail for peddling stolen merchandise, or he's dead.

Either way, I hope you get your monies back without any loss.

Or, he actually did send the items, and you get your money back from paypal, and you never hear from him again. That would be incredible (should they not be stollen), too.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back