Nikon d750 review

Boy those d3s are huge by comparison to the d750.
And ppl complain of the size of the 7100, 610 cameras.

So he found his new wedding camera to replace his d3s
And an interesting caveat to d700 and 5dm3 owners

It's interesting that he shoots wide open at 1.4 all the time

Last edited:
Looks like he has found a tool that does the job for him.

i like his section on processing. he ruins most of them.

People have been falling all over this review for a week now saying how it convinced them to buy one.
Personally, I'm not sure I see anything that can't be done with any number of cameras out there today.

Looks like he went overboard with ADL. Not sure if that's his taste or if he was trying to make a point about shadow recovery.

It has sparked off a Canon 5d3 Dr arguement on a different site, it does seem Nikon biased. Due this I'm not sure how real the review is. It looks good, but any product can be made look good on the net

There are (IMHO) some better shots here.

Nikon D750 for Wildlife and Landscape Photography

That being said, I'm not sure if this is a showcase for the camera or the high-end glass he used. ;)

Besides the 800mm and 500 f/4, he shows quite a few 150 - 600 mm images. I may be getting that lens before I get the D750. :D

I believe the review. It makes me want the D750. Too bad no one loves me enough to drop $2500 on my on my birthday for a camera! I couldn't drop that kind of cash myself.

What initially seemed fishy to me was the D3s comparison, and then the 5D Mk III comparison... but both are relevant comparisons. Plus, he wants to draw attention to his brand, and those comparisons will draw attention. All three cameras (D750, D3s, 5d Mk iii) overlap in similar lines of specialized work. So I didn't write that off as too weird... he provides good examples, and I don't feel there's too much bias toward Nikon... he's just pointing out that the D750 is a new, excellent, somewhat unparalleled camera at its price-point.

What really stood out as odd to me is the 35mm 1.8G FX lens pitch... now *that* comes off as a little odd to me. Something just seems to be missing there...

As far as camera size - the D3s has a built-in vertical grip with it's associated extra controls and battery capacity.

Put a MB-D16 on the D750 then compare it's size with the D3s.

People have been falling all over this review for a week now saying how it convinced them to buy one.
Personally, I'm not sure I see anything that can't be done with any number of cameras out there today.

Oh I agree, but I'd much rather have one over my D600. However, I have no real reason to upgrade, so I wont.

As far as camera size - the D3s has a built-in vertical grip with it's associated extra controls and battery capacity.

Put a MB-D16 on the D750 then compare it's size with the D3s.
Yup, I assume it's only 0.5mm less wide than my d600 with a grip. Since they are the same height and only 0.5 different in width.

I have no real reason to upgrade

And neither do many others.
People would be better off upgrading their brain.

Guess what folks. Your camera is just fine.

:)

There are (IMHO) some better shots here.

Nikon D750 for Wildlife and Landscape Photography

That being said, I'm not sure if this is a showcase for the camera or the high-end glass he used. ;)

Besides the 800mm and 500 f/4, he shows quite a few 150 - 600 mm images. I may be getting that lens before I get the D750. :D

Maybe it's a showcase for the capabilities of Nikon's in-camera JPEG engine? This fellow that did the review wrote, "these images were all shot as jpegs because my preferred editing software Lightroom does not yet support the D750(give Adobe a few weeks to reverse-engineer the software then RAW support will be available). Many of these files have tweaks added in post that increase noise more than if I had edited the RAW file."

haters-gonna-hate.jpg

I do enjoy his processing style, it is quite beautiful and really brings out a great vibe. Maybe the taste is not for everyone, but it does indeed have a beautiful, colorful style.

Most reactions

Back