Comparing Nikon shutter sound

ruifo

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was looking some videos to compare the D810 with others. The D810 is quiter, by a good deal of amount. A real winner.

Last edited:

I never gave a rats ass about what the shutter sounded like or how loud it was in any SLR or DSLR camera I have ever owned.

Other much more important aspects about camera performance took precedence.

Yeah, my d600 is quieter than my d7000. Which is odd because people say the d600 is loud and the d7000 is quiet.

The **** people concern themselves with amazes me.

I like 'em loud.
The D810 is a real loser.

Both my D7000 and D7100 have a "Quiet" shutter mode although I've never really understood why. Maybe some day I'll get really bored and try one of them in that mode. Probably not though.

I use Q mode all the time on my D600 ... not that it has much of an effect, but every bit counts.

Buy an Android camera and turn down the volume

Your concerns are stupid. My concerns are paramount.

Always.

Sit in a blind for a couple of hours only to have the critter you've been waiting for bolt after the first click of the shutter.

Both my D7000 and D7100 have a "Quiet" shutter mode although I've never really understood why. Maybe some day I'll get really bored and try one of them in that mode. Probably not though.

Sit in a blind for a couple of hours only to have the critter you've been waiting for bolt after the first click of the shutter.

I've tried the Quiet shutter mode. I don't like it. In my experience, it still makes just enough sound to startle anything with very decent hearing.

99% of the time, any bird or other animal I'm stalking is well aware I'm there anyway, it's just decided I'm not a threat. I've never had one change its opinion about that because it heard my shutter actuate. Well, maybe a Cardinal or two, because they're just looking for reasons to distrust me. :D

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back