Nikon D80?

probably will come with the good ole' kit lens of 18-55mm. As mentioned above, I got a 55-200VR that isn't too shabby (I like it, but I am just getting into this photography thing). I plan on getting a 50mm f/1.8 next... then it's time to save some pennies... because like a lot of things, the really good stuff costs more than my lowly budget allows...

cameta camera is a REPUTABLE store. they have a regular store if you dont want to do it through ebay. cametacamera.com

Why pay an extra amount when you can pay that same amount and get a bundled kit? they have several different options. camera bags, tripods, lense combos.

I know I am a new poster but I went thru cameta, excellent customer service, got my camera before I was supposed to and got a great deal on a demo camera that had been refurbished by nikon. smart way to go if you ask me.

I can get it with a 18-135 for about $1060...it says "D80 SLR Digital Camera Kit with 18-135mm Lens" So does that mean it's a kit lens? What exactly is a kit lens anyways? There's also "D80 SLR Digital Camera Kit with 18-55mm VR Lens" which would be about $960...what would a VR lens be? Sorry, new to this lens stuff :p

And I went to their website...which is cameta.com btw
I searched Nikon d80 and nothing came up anyways.

Nvm don't think it's a kit lens lol...but yeah ant lens recommendations? :p

I can get it with a 18-135 for about $1060...it says "D80 SLR Digital Camera Kit with 18-135mm Lens" So does that mean it's a kit lens? What exactly is a kit lens anyways? There's also "D80 SLR Digital Camera Kit with 18-55mm VR Lens" which would be about $960...what would a VR lens be? Sorry, new to this lens stuff :p

And I went to their website...which is cameta.com btw
I searched Nikon d80 and nothing came up anyways.

"Kit lens" just means the lens that comes with the boxed set from the Nikon factory. Note the words "camera kit" in your quote.

Gotcha
And yeah I re read it and figured that out lol :p

my favorite lens is the Nikkor 18-200 with v/r I rarely ever take it off my camera

That one's a bit expensive heh :D
Trying to stay under $300ish I guess
forgot to mention that.

lol, sorry. I think my lense is going for about 700 on adorama.com but it is well worth it to me.

No problem, my fault anyways.
Yeah I don't think I could get it, maybe after a while of me being more experienced I'll look into it :D

Got what a vr lens is...it'd be about $70 more for the 18-55 lens I guess it'd be worth it. But still any recommendations around/under $300? I think out of the ones I've stated I'd probably go with the 18-135mm...not sure

vr lens is a lens that has vibration reduction in it.

There's also "D80 SLR Digital Camera Kit with 18-55mm VR Lens" which would be about $960...what would a VR lens be?

Not sure why you would need VR on a 18 - 55mm, ( yet I'm shooting for distance ) but as stated before it's vibration reduction, and allows you to go up a couple stops of exposure. I have it on my 70 -300mm, and it does a great job....you can hear it and see it working when you activate it. It basically lets you hand hold the camera when you might otherwise put it on a mono or tri pod.....in addition to something you said earlier....it shopuld only add $50 to the cost of the lens, any more you might be paying too much........

Yeah I don't really think I'd need it too much. I think I'm going to go with the 18-135... does that sound good?

I decided to wait until around Christmas time...long wait but that way I can save up money, get some money for my birthday, and Christmas hahah. Plus possibly a price drop?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back