Nikon Pentax or Canon?

I have another D90 at Nikon Service right now (unfortunately on a parts hold) that had a 500 mm lens ripped off the body by an errant soccer ball. Go figure. :grumpy:

Yikes! I'll take that as a fair warning if I ever get into sports photography, or have to shoot a soccer game for whatever reason. >.<

I too have been flip flopping between Canon and Nikon. I have done my fair share of research, reading, looking at photos and talking with the owners and also forum members. I decided, Canon again fits my needs for what I am looking for. I also like the option on the 40D of shooting thru the LCD lens. I also cannot ignore all the great reviews and 5 star ratings the camera has gotten.
I came to the conclusion that our own individual eyes are our best lenses and beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
So whether it be Canon or Nikon, each to his own and they are both good cameras.
Just my 2&#8373; ;)

The D-SLR that I ever shot was a Nicon D-60, I thought it was cool, that I did some reading and I ended up buying a Canon XSi and I like way more then the D-60, So I would vote for the Canon.

Just so you know, you are comparing two different niches of DSLR cameras. The D60 is more comparable to a Canon Xs, NOT the Xsi.

So, if you were choosing between an Xsi and D60, go with Xsi...but, if you are comparing D60 with Xs, definitely go D60.

Look at the whole system and what types of shooting you plan on doing.

Pros of Nikon:
1/2 stop cleaner high ISO's in full frame bodies
killer wide angle zoom
Nikons flash system is better

Cons of Nikon:
70-200 is inferior to Canon's on full frame
No quality f/4 pro zooms
high lens prices
Antiquated prime lens line-up

Canon Cons:
flash system not as good as Nikons
wide angle pro zoom not as good as nikon