Nikon VS. Canon?

rgbphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, I just bought my DSLR Canon.. but now I'm starting to wonder maybe I should have bought the Nikon DSLR. I remember a friend of mine talking about liking Nikon more then Canon...
What do you all think? :confused:

No no no no no no no no no no... oh the madness....

Sorry, just seen one too many Nikon vs Canon threads. More like one thousand too many actually :lol:

Why specifically do you think the Nikon would have been a better choice? Ergonomics? Build quality? Available lenses? If there isn't something specific which you feel Nikon does better, you have nothing to worry about. And definitely don't rethink your choice based on what a friend said. What is best for your friend is not necessarily what is best for you.

Canon all the way

Based upon what?

This topic comes up often on the forum (too often in my opinion... no offense) and after reading the various posts the one conclusion that seems repeated is that they're both great and the differences in opinion are more of preference than of superior quality.

What do you all think?
Take it back and exchange it...then the week after that, take that camera back and exchange it...then do it again next week. Then move to a house across the street from where you live now.

:roll:

My point being that it's useless to argue about the differences between Canon & Nikon. Stick with what you have and don't give it a 2nd thought.

:soapbox:This is getting to be a tiring question. This and what camera should I get.
Buying a camera system should not be this tough.
1. Figure out what kind of photos you want to take.

2. Find out what it takes to take those kinds of photos? Go to the library and do a little reading or get on line. There are tons of sites with information on any kind of photography you can think of.

3. What cameras will do what you want to do. Check out features of cameras that you are interested in. Compare the ones that interest you. http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sidebyside.asp

4. Go to a good photography store and try the ones that interest you. How does it feel in your hand? Are the controls where you can easily use them? Try the lenses you are interested in. Take a few photos with the cameras that interest you. A good photography shop will let you do so. Many of them even have a computer set up so you can look at the results right then and there. Check out the systems that you like. Do they have the lenses, lighting, accessories that you want.

Now you are ready to make an infromed choice. You wouldn't buy a car with out test driving it would you. Why buy a camera system, that is what you are doing when you buy a DSLR, on someone's recomendation?

If you are questioning your choice it sounds like you missed a step or two that should be done when ever you buy something of this magnitude.

Is there a way to have the forum automatically delete a thread with Canon and Nikon both in the title? :p

Coke or Pepsi. It's a personal choice.

hehe. sorry guys, i didn't know it was such an overused thread!!

i'm a noobie!!
gotta love us :) lol.

Is there a way to have the forum automatically delete a thread with Canon and Nikon both in the title? :p

Coke or Pepsi. It's a personal choice.

Cheese burger, Cheese burger, Cheese burger........Pepsi, NO Coke:lol:

Most reactions

Back