NSFW

A wider aperture might have made the difference in the way the door light stiles look behind the model's head. The door lock should have been removed, since the chain is gone. And I agree that her face turned slightly (just enough to reveal both eyes) toward the viewer, her eyes glancing sideways toward us would have enhanced the thumb-in-mouth pose. Backlighting the model would have been nice too. The vase doesn't seem naturally placed on the side table. I understand it was done for balance, but the plant/flower looks ill.

I feel bad being so critical. My own portraiture isn't very good - at least not good enough to post for critique yet. I'm glad you posted this. You're blessed with a beautiful model who is also your wife.

Jim

- nice setup, tasteful, nice conversion
- I do mind her head position, the thumb and her expression.... wrinkled shirt doesn't go with the belt

jmo

Anyway, you have a nice model. Keep shooting her and occasionally show us something new you two came up with. Have fun! :)

if she were looking at the camera i think that would have ruined the shot more for me. looking away gives it a much less staged presence. Suppose these are all artistic choices at this point. As there isn't really much we can find wrong with the photo (it is pretty good)

Whoa. I'm flattered. Thanks! Not sure it's really appropriate for a general-audience thing but I am OK with letting the mods decide!

Whoa. I'm flattered. Thanks! Not sure it's really appropriate for a general-audience thing but I am OK with letting the mods decide!
I like the style of it. Very subdued, a good mood photo, somewhat genuine. More of a scene than a straight on portraiture so adds a twist. It relays well without showing anything revealing of her. You see more skin at the beach than here. In fact it relays so well you probably didn't need the thumb, but for the thick headed it helps. If she were looking at the camera or wearing less it would have been easier for you, but wouldn't be the same shot.

i am not sure three sticks growing out of her head is a good idea.
Great, now that's all I see when I look at this! lol

Most reactions

Back