Oil spots on the D600 sensor anyone ?

I am
badteeth.gif

This could be the root cause of the dusts as mentioned in Dpreview.
I have taken the close up of my D600 and it shows scratch marks on the shutter frame

$D600 dust1.JPG
$D600 dust2.JPG

Last edited:
Have had the same problem with oil spots on the sensor of my D7000. I called Nikon support and the basically said since there has not been a formal recall regarding this issue (like that of the D600), the problem is mine since the camera is out of warranty.
Nikon has evolved into a company that has turned its back on its loyal customers. This story is all too common, what a shame!

Derrel said:
Are you SURE these spots are "oil spots", Brenda, and not just regular dust spots???

Well it looks like oil. Dark spots with a lighter edge But good news great service where i got the camera. They will exchange it. He said dust would not be acceptable either so im happy coz i love the D600 :)

You will likely have the same problem again. The D600 doesn't stop producing oil spots until around 3000 shots. If you just go get it cleaned after then it should go back to normal! :) I had the same problem with my D600 but so far so good after I got it cleaned! most likely the place you got it from will clean it for free.

Most reactions

Back