Oil spots on the D600 sensor anyone ?

gsgary said:
Im a Canon shooter but this has nothing to do with build quality just too much lube

Dirty camera ;)

gsgary said:
Nikon must use personal lube

Yea, no joking. Stuck at a shop fixing things all day doesn't sound that exciting. Sure they're always looking for ways to brighten their mood

gsgary said:
You better give up on digital if you dont want to be cleaning your sensor every photographer should be able to clean their camera

I am lazy. I pay a guy $65 annually to clean my sensor... Or sooner if it needs it.

TheFantasticG said:
I am lazy. I pay a guy $65 annually to clean my sensor... Or sooner if it needs it.

you must be mad, i clean mine every month costs me next to nothing, but i have fallen out with digital looks like plastic compared to film

gsgary said:
you must be mad, i clean mine every month costs me next to nothing, but i have fallen out with digital looks like plastic compared to film

Nah, not mad... maybe crazy, but definitely not mad.

Well I got the camera today and made dozens of shots with 3 different lens...i magnified 50-100%...everything looks fine....so will see..but i don't thing will be an issue..my concern was about the shutter system..clean the sensor camera is not a problem..but doing an because a defective shutter system is another story...thanks

some people here gave some opinions than rather to be objetive are just "crap"...first at all...digital cameras get dirt, or dust with time and use...but not brand new out of the box..i have 3 more digital cameras...and one of them...my d90 has almost 4 years and i did shoot with that camera about 35,000 shots...I have none bries, none dust....probable is a miracle...will see...after they repaired my d7000 last year i have 0 issues with dust, oil, or whatever...will see ...I have a Sony a77...until now..0 issues...why a d600 should have oil spots?...no way...that' is not normal.....and that't is the probem that some people here do not understand...i have kits to clean sensor..but...not because the shutter system leaks oil i have to used in a camera brand new with no use yet....for canon users...surprise..that happen on specific models of Canon too...so is not something isolated...the point here is that manufacturers must pay attention to quality control...things like that happening because they are arming the cameras on places where technichians get minimum salary...so consumers like us are paying the price....welcome to the jungle...

Clean a sensor is not the problem...clean oil spots from the shutter system is another story....ignorant...

gsgary said:
You better give up on digital if you dont want to be cleaning your sensor every photographer should be able to clean their camera

I have no problems cleaning the sensor but dont want to clean oil on the first week ! They exchanged the camera for me and my new D600 is crystal Clear ! Great service !

October, 2012 article from Lensrentals.com detailing a strange tendency for Nikon D600 bodies to accumulate dust on one specific area of the sensor, and for D600 bodies to be inordinately prone to dust accumulation--after EVERY rental use, all 20 of their D600 bodies needed to be cleaned!

LensRentals.com - D600 Sensor Dust Issues

October, 2012 article from Lensrentals.com detailing a strange tendency for Nikon D600 bodies to accumulate dust on one specific area of the sensor, and for D600 bodies to be inordinately prone to dust accumulation--after EVERY rental use, all 20 of their D600 bodies needed to be cleaned!

LensRentals.com - D600 Sensor Dust Issues

eek.gif

"Never buy version 1.0 of anything." - Smart O. L'dguy, Esq.

The D800 hasn't provided me that prob "yet"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back