Ok, I have to ask... D7200 VS 80D

I was waiting for Mr "beagle100" to show up, always good for a chuckle, thx buddy for making me smile.
e and now focus on honing your skills and maybe getting some good lenses.

another jealous "Nikonian" !
I too use to shoot with a Nikon until I discovered why most of the pros shoot with Canon !
Io OP this is all very much ego wars here, disregard them, I will repeat that you got a wonderful camera, to really get best results the 2 things you should concentrate at is skills and getting good lenses.

LOL!
Obviously Canon is better, why else would most of the professionals use Canon
Canon is a "slightly better" choice ... and the lens are definitely better (everyone agrees that's true)
LOL!
This is where you are wrong, today most professionals are moving to Sony and Nikon and leaving Canon by the thousands, its a brand that loosing ground more and more.
If I was you I would jump ship and move to Sony or Nikon while your equipment is still worth something.

I was waiting for Mr "beagle100" to show up, always good for a chuckle, thx buddy for making me smile.
e and now focus on honing your skills and maybe getting some good lenses.

another jealous "Nikonian" !
I too use to shoot with a Nikon until I discovered why most of the pros shoot with Canon !
Io OP this is all very much ego wars here, disregard them, I will repeat that you got a wonderful camera, to really get best results the 2 things you should concentrate at is skills and getting good lenses.

LOL!
Canon is a "slightly better" choice ... and the lens are definitely better (everyone agrees that's true)
LOL!
Thhing.

LOL !
Most former Nikon professional photographers have already moved to Canon
Nikon is rapidly "loosing" ground in the quality Dept.

You are both being silly now. Everyone knows all professional photographers are rapidly moving away from Nikon, Canon, Sony and the other SLR makers and using their cell phone cameras.

LOL !
Most former Nikon professional photographers have already moved to Canon
Nikon is rapidly "loosing" ground in the quality Dept.
Oh dear, poor guy, you got to lie to yourself and keep lying to feel good about Canon.
Sadly it will not help, Canon is slowly selling less and less.
Some of its cameras are still ok but not for long, good that there are still people like you that believe in it but that will not help in the long run, when it comes to DSLR Nikon is just getting Canon share but mostly its Sony who is getting most of the disillusioned Canon customers who jumped ship.

Forget Sony,Nikon and canon.
For a Blazingly great camera get a Note 7
:)
It's the hottest one on the market !!
Scorches all dslrs in performance

LOL!

First off, you're making an anecdotal fallacy argument--you seriously debate like a 2nd grader.* There are plenty of reasons to explain why "most" of the professionals use Canon.

Second, is it even true that most professionals use a Canon?

Third, does everyone agree that Canon lenses are definitely better?

Drivel, trash post. The OP is looking for substantive information to help determine which camera they should buy. Your "Canonian" posts are not helping anyone.

*I take that back, that's offensive to 2nd graders.

Well, my opinion on the Canon vs Nikon is for the Canon lenses.... I almost was in favor of switching from my 70d to the Nikon 810 because the dynamic range and high ISO performance was just so much better than the 5dmkiii.... but then got the 5dmkiii because I figured the Canon glass will last forever and always be top notch and I figured eventually Canon would catch up to Nikon/Sony with their sensors... the 5dmkiv still isn't on par with them, but it is finally close and we still have the Canon lenses to help. For the record, I plan to trade my mkiii in today for the mkiv.....

As for 80d vs 7200, not sure if the 7200 is touch screen, but they do come in handy. Specially for quick zooms to check eye focus and things like that. That's the one thing I miss about my 70d when I got my 5dmkiii....even setting changes are quick when you can just touch what you want to change, versus moving the joystick around.

Well, my opinion on the Canon vs Nikon is for the Canon lenses.... I almost was in favor of switching from my 70d to the Nikon 810 because the dynamic range and high ISO performance was just so much better than the 5dmkiii.... but then got the 5dmkiii because I figured the Canon glass will last forever and always be top notch and I figured eventually Canon would catch up to Nikon/Sony with their sensors... the 5dmkiv still isn't on par with them, but it is finally close and we still have the Canon lenses to help. For the record, I plan to trade my mkiii in today for the mkiv.....
Such a Nikonian.

Such a Nikonian.

How exactly am I a "Nikonian"? Unless I misunderstand the definition, I have not nor will I most likely ever own a Nikon. Yes, I said the 810 has a better dynamic range and high ISO performance. That was it. All I said was that the Canon 5dmkiv has finally come close to the picture quality of the D810. I own all Canon gear.

you missed the sarcasm...

This is all just a case of buyers remorse by the OP.

OP already bought the body and just wants reassurance that he/ she made a smart move.

IMO you did, because I have a 70D and like it so why not recommend the 80D haha.

PS I didn't look at Nikon or any other manufacturer then ( when I bought) nor do I plan to now there is way too many cameras and who cares!

Sent from my iCamera.

Canon .. Nikon . Sony
If you have specific requirements then it makes the decision process much easier.

For instance if you *require* a flippy screen, then that limits your options.
If you know you want a higher DR or higher ISO, then that limits your options once again.
If you have a limited budget, then that once again limits your options.

If all of your friends shoot Canon or Nikon, then I think it's best to go the route of what your friend photogs have as you can borrow and learn the technicalities from them.

If you want top notch video for a certain price, once against a limited requirement.

So it's probably better to create a list of wants first then go from there. Of course, the problem is if you don't really know what you want, then it's hard to figure out. But you still can create a list of requirements and work from there.

So if focus peaking if a primary requirement then it should knock off most cameras just from that.

If you want it all, then I hope price isn't a limiting factor.

This is all just a case of buyers remorse by the OP.

OP already bought the body and just wants reassurance that he/ she made a smart move.

IMO you did, because I have a 70D and like it so why not recommend the 80D haha.

PS I didn't look at Nikon or any other manufacturer then ( when I bought) nor do I plan to now there is way too many cameras and who cares!

Sent from my iCamera.
You hit the nail on its head, its all about the need for reassurance.
OP got a good camera, now instead of having buyer remorse best thing is to concentrate at improving skills.
As we all said you cant go wrong with either 80D or D7200, both very good and very close so no need to worry about the tool you bought and concentrate what really matter YOU and how you learn photography.

Ok, so for the op.. after reading through this I can tell you that the most important difference between these two camera bodies is... you.

Your skills will determine your results far more than say a difference in high ISO to low noise, or dynamic range, etc.

So don't worry about the stats between the two cameras and focus on your technique. That's really what is going to make the biggest difference in the final outcome.

Most reactions

Back