Photos OK to edit
DSC_0317.jpg

DSC_0405.jpg

2. Peter Mansbridge

DSC_0697.jpg

3. Julia Wilkinson, Canadian Olympic Swimmer

DSC_0717.jpg

4. One of the torch bearers

More at my Flickr account down in my signature.

Any C&C would be greatly appreciated. This was all shot with a 18-200mm lens by the way.

I'll post some of mine, miraculously enough shot with a 18-200 too :cool:

(not to steal the thread or anything)

Photojournalism stuff doesnt get much attention here on TPF, so dont worry if you get limited replies.

I did a similar post not too long ago and got low reponses (but at least they were quality responses)

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...ympic-torch-relay-montreal-dec-10-2009-a.html

quick CC:

1- nice exposure, would of liked a faster shutter speed to freeze the motion of the hands.
I also dont like how the gloves are cut off from the guy in the front.
Nice overall crowd shot, I like the vibe it gives.

2- nicely composed celeb shot.

3- awesome job getting so up close with the subject, love the composition.
What I dont like the slight over exposure of her hat. Would of liked a slightly lower exposure to allow the texture of the hat to come through as well as seeing the emblem on the hat. Same goes with over exposure on the jacket.
Maybe slightly zooming out to get more of the emblem on her jacket so that the full story is told without words and people see more that she is a torch bearer

4- great composition here as well, tells way more of a story than #3. Awesome job getting the Vancouver 2010 logo in on the photo! Nice sharpness on the subject as well. But the photo suffers from blown out whites up top which distract from the overall niceness of the photo.

Photojournalism stuff doesnt get much attention here on TPF, so dont worry if you get limited replies.

I did a similar post not too long ago and got low reponses (but at least they were quality responses)

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...ympic-torch-relay-montreal-dec-10-2009-a.html

quick CC:

1- nice exposure, would of liked a faster shutter speed to freeze the motion of the hands.
I also dont like how the gloves are cut off from the guy in the front.
Nice overall crowd shot, I like the vibe it gives.

2- nicely composed celeb shot.

3- awesome job getting so up close with the subject, love the composition.
What I dont like the slight over exposure of her hat. Would of liked a slightly lower exposure to allow the texture of the hat to come through as well as seeing the emblem on the hat. Same goes with over exposure on the jacket.
Maybe slightly zooming out to get more of the emblem on her jacket so that the full story is told without words and people see more that she is a torch bearer

4- great composition here as well, tells way more of a story than #3. Awesome job getting the Vancouver 2010 logo in on the photo! Nice sharpness on the subject as well. But the photo suffers from blown out whites up top which distract from the overall niceness of the photo.

With regards to the shutter speed - Does the 18-200mm Nikkor have a capped shutter speed? Cause it usually doesn't let me go over 1/200, but sometimes it will let me. Is this a problem that I should go get fixed?

The shutter speed is based off of your camera, not the lens.
The aperture is based off of the lens.

www.dpreview.com shows the D80 you have as having a max shutter of 1/4000

What mode are you shooting in? If you are shooting in manual, then you should be able to select whatever aperture (lens dependant) and shutter (camera dependant) you want. The choices you make will impact the exposure (hence the meter).
If you are shooting in automatic modes, then it could just be that the camera is programmed not to go over 1/200. Why, I dont know, I'm just assuming.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back