Osprey attempts

CouncilmanDoug

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This osprey has been living in a tree on my street, tried to take some pictures of it today. Shot on a 135mm at f8 1/1000 iso400. Any crit would be appreciated
8441339629_d338d7aab9_b.jpg

It is hard for me to like this because of some of the absolutely amazing osprey photos that have been posted on here.

If I had a memory wipe, im sure I would think this was great.

Lets see what some othrrs say.

It is hard for me to like this because of some of the absolutely amazing osprey photos that have been posted on here.

If I had a memory wipe, im sure I would think this was great.

Lets see what some othrrs say.

I know exactly what you mean, I never realized how short 135mm is. I think having a 300mm+ helps a lot

If it helps, I think the 400 iso was perfect, you got the osprey pretty sharp and I don't notice any noise. Also its kinda an action shot since he has a stick, tjus building/fixing his nest.

Good sharp image but as you've already noted, the 135 simply isn't enough to really get in tight.

you know where the nest is though. nice wider angle photo

Well, it looks like you caught some nice light! Maybe use a little - EC, it's hard to tell with this file size, but you may have lost some details in the whites. 135 is probably just a little short for this kind of shot :) Find a big ol lens and lets see some baby Osprey pictures...

Well, it looks like you caught some nice light! Maybe use a little - EC, it's hard to tell with this file size, but you may have lost some details in the whites. 135 is probably just a little short for this kind of shot :) Find a big ol lens and lets see some baby Osprey pictures...
lemme borrow that 200-500...
how big of a difference would 300mm be? would it be tight on the nest? Or would I still need more?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back