LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
11048840.jpg

Over in the Theme-forum, I posted this one under "your favourite photo" because I really like this one best among all the photos I've taken so far - and this one was taken in November 2000. Many more have come after this, but this is still quite appealing to me.

Do you like it, too?

Definitely a neat pic but a little fill flash in the foreground might have helped and the focus seems a little soft or is it due to the scanner?

Definitely a neat pic but a little fill flash in the foreground might have helped and the focus seems a little soft or is it due to the scanner?

would have to agree. what i like is the bit of red shrubbery way in the distance. I think if the colours were saturated just a tad more it would help.

cool shot! thanks for sharing. i've been enjoying your others shots in the themes forum as well :)

Yes, fill flash and a polarizer.

Nice composition. Interesting subject. I'd like to see some close ups of the canoe.

The canoe by now is gone.
Like I said: this one was taken in November of 2000.

As far as "doing something" to my scanned photos - erm. No.
I have never EVER changed anything about them after the scan.
Either they're "good" (to my mind) the way they are, or - not.

I've only recently purchased a polarizer and am still experimenting with it: my sister said "Look through, turn it, and SEE what it does", but sadly I 'see' very little. I must be totally photography-illiterate, what the refinements are concerned.

And flash... well, the boat was not supposed to be the theme of this photo, just the foreground. I was captivated (still am) by the colouring of the scene as it presented itself, by the thin coat of ice building up on the surface of the water, and - yes! - by the redness of that bush. That is what it was like, and that is what it's going to stay. No photoshop done...

(Most-most-most unfortunately, the photos do suffer a huge deal in the scanning, and mostly so in the uploading process to my picture host - as if there some of their sharpness and brilliance is taken off again!)

I love this pic just as it is. I appreciate what the others are saying about flash giving more detail about the boat, but I see it the way you meant: it's not about the boat, the boat is part of "the lake view" here. I like the bluish hues on the boat - it looks like a painting. I fear the use of flash would have made that hue evaporate, to the detriment of the image.

I WOULD like to see more blue sky, though - it's reflected so nicely in the lake, it would be nice to see it. Keep playing with that polarizer, you should notice a difference! And the hint of red in the background is just so cool. Aside from the too-pale sky, I think this image is beautiful and again, it looks like a painting. Very nice!

PS -mad props to you for not pouncing on photoshop to enhance your image. Stick to your guns! :wink:

I agree with the Polarizing. If your intent was for the boat (or whats left of it) to not be the focal point I dont think it works then. For the boat to be front and center kind of defeats that purpose. The boat is the coolest thing to look at. I dont like the back ground enough to look at it for long. Again, I think the polairzing would help with that.

I would love to get some different angles of the boat though!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back