overexpose fix?

Sometimes, mistakes can work in your favor. I believe that is the case here. I really like the outcome of this. Only nitpick I have would be that I believe a little too much of your left check is washed out. Makes it difficult to truly see the shape of your face. Other than that, great job on the fix.

Pretty artistic way of working an overexposure to your advantage.

The only thing that bothers me is the vignetting. No lens I know of creates an oval shapped vignette...

Why change it?

I do agree with the others, looks great and I wouldn't change anything.
However, to answer your question about overexposure...

IF the overexposed areas are white, meaning no data except white, there is nothing you can do, there is no data there to pull out of the image. Additionally, if the shot was taken in JPEG format, even if there was data there, not much you can do to fix it. If the shot was recorded in RAW, you may have enough data (if its not all white) to pull some detail back into the image. RAW contains more data for you to work with. Generally, RAW files are quite a lot larger than JPEG files.

I also think it looks cool.

Nice look. Usually when editing with photoshop to make a poorly shot photo look artistic, the results are pretty terrible. In this case it worked out well.

I quite like this, the bloom effect kinda makes it look like a next-gen game. Was that post-processing or just the overexposure? If PP, what settings did you use? I really love that effect :p

As for your question, I don't think much (if anything) can be pulled from that image. Your jacket looks completely white, so if you tried to fix that it'd just look like it was coloured grey in MS Paint. You might be able to get something from the stairs, but yet again, it would look bad.

Yup, nice work on artistically saving an overexposed photo.. most people would throw it away lol (like myself, i don't have the skills). I like it :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back