Pay it forward... The TPF ELLO.CO invite thread..

^ Yeah, so far to say I'm underwhelmed would be a GROSS understatement. But you gotta start somewhere, I guess. They better improve things FAST if they want to have a chance to survive though. I can't even figure out how to post anything! And if I go to the "Features" page, it then won't let me go anywhere else again! I have to just close the window and go back in to ello.co. I know this is *supposed* to be a streamlined, bare bones kind of site, but this is, so far, more like bare bones that have been gnawed on by dogs and left out in the sun for a few years…

^ Yeah, so far to say I'm underwhelmed would be a GROSS understatement. But you gotta start somewhere, I guess. They better improve things FAST if they want to have a chance to survive though.
The idea is to get in early and reserve your name. Then if they do (somehow) survive your covered :encouragement:

I can't even figure out how to post anything! And if I go to the "Features" page, it then won't let me go anywhere else again! I have to just close the window and go back in to ello.co. I know this is *supposed* to be a streamlined, bare bones kind of site, but this is, so far, more like bare bones that have been gnawed on by dogs and left out in the sun for a few years…

Click on your avatar (circle thingy).. Click on the box that says "Say Ello..".. Type in some witty comment.. post.

^ Yeah, so far to say I'm underwhelmed would be a GROSS understatement. But you gotta start somewhere, I guess. They better improve things FAST if they want to have a chance to survive though.
The idea is to get in early and reserve your name. Then if they do (somehow) survive your covered :encouragement:

Yeah, that's why I joined, and it's what I did with Google+ too. Here's hoping ello gives me more reasons to hang with it than G+ ever did!

I can't even figure out how to post anything! And if I go to the "Features" page, it then won't let me go anywhere else again! I have to just close the window and go back in to ello.co. I know this is *supposed* to be a streamlined, bare bones kind of site, but this is, so far, more like bare bones that have been gnawed on by dogs and left out in the sun for a few years…

Click on your avatar (circle thingy).. Click on the box that says "Say Ello..".. Type in some witty comment.. post.
AH! Well, how 'bout that?! Thank you--that should have been obvious to me!

Can I get an Invite please.? I will definitely give one back to the forum for sure.

Thank you.

Can someone explain to me what the "noise" thing is? My username on there is symplybarb (I'm so not creative)

Can someone explain to me what the "noise" thing is? My username on there is symplybarb (I'm so not creative)
Not entirely sure, but I think that's similar to 'hiding' their posts. You won't see the posts unless you go into the 'noise' section or visit their profile?

I could be completely wrong.

From their WTF (their version of FAQ?)
"It may take a few weeks or a few months for your invitation to arrive, depending on demand and on the date you signed up. We apologize in advance if this seems like a long wait. Ello is worth it!"

How on earth did we all get in so quick then?

"It may take a few weeks or a few months for your invitation to arrive, depending on demand and on the date you signed up. We apologize in advance if this seems like a long wait. Ello is worth it!"

We're TPF !!

I like Astro's answer, but the second possibility is that the "weeks or months" referred to the very beginning, when it was barely out of Alpha testing. Assuming the rollout was something similar to Google+, at the very, very beginning, not only did you have to have an invite, but then you had to wait until there was "room" for you. They only opened it up to a certain set number to start with, then slowly started expanding--so when they went to say, 1500 users instead of 1,000, then the first 500 who had signed up via their invites were "accepted." It really COULD take months sometimes. But then, finally, in the later beta stages, anyone with an invite could get in immediately.
We are, essentially, the really late early adopters. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back