people 2

Sabrina and others, I agree that when posting on a forum you "should" say exactly what you'd say if you were sitting across the table from the person and he was wearing his WWE championship belt. Unfortunately, that's not the way of the internet. What really bothers me on this particular forum is that there are people here who seem to really want to drive newbies off as if it's their personal private club playground. We all know who they are, and I for one read their posts a lot faster than those of others. Once in a while they actually offer a suggestion, but most often it's phrased as an attack.

Now, for this particular thread. I see no reason in the world why anyone should defend the OP at this point. He came on with a photo, asked for C&C, received it and went all defensive when it wasn't what he wanted to hear. It should have stopped there with a note (maybe from a mod if there are any) suggesting he take the critique, use what he can and discard the rest.
One thing I've not seen here that I see on other forums where I participate is locked threads. When it turns into a trash-talk fest, the mods have the ability and the duty to lock it down and let everyone know that bad behavior won't be tolerated.

Act like children, get treated like children.

Flame on!

To the OP, you have to realize that 99% of folks on here are socially retarded basement dwellers, this is the only place they can give people crap so it comes out ten fold. While there are some very helpful posters, they are far outnumbered by idiots which makes this place pretty much useless as most quickly figure out. As for "Scoody" if thats you in the avatar, skip giving up photgraphy and go ahead and give up life. Back to the OP, once you realize the type of people who are giving you crap you usually end up laughing. Remember those guys in High School who had no friends, couldnt get laid and were constantly ridiculed. There on here and now its their turn. :) Nobody on here is a pro despite what their signature says, just the typical online forum full of loud mouths and BS. Not everyone eats, sleeps and breathes photgraphy. Some of us have lives, jobs, famlies and much better things to spend our days doing than hanging out on a forum 24/7 giving people half a world away crap on their photos without offering any real insight on how to better their shots.

Everyone on any forum is a pro, hence why most forums end up being full of post whores and offer no general knowledge to anyone other than regular posters with post counts over 20k. This is afterall photography which is nothing more than a hobby. Being the best photographer on the forum is sort of like winning the tallest leprechaun contest.

LOVE this!! :thumbup:
TPF in a nutshell. lol.

So this is how you thank those who have tried to help you? I hope everyone gets a chance to see this and remembers this next time you're having a breakdown and NEED HELP RIGHT THIS MINUTE BECAUSE I HAVE A SHOOT IN 2 HOURS AND EVERYTHING'S BROKEN.

there you go did your feelings get hurt. lets just agree to disagree since you obviously didn't get the point of the picture presented.

You would get a lot more out of this forum if you actually listened and took advice. Instead, you are taking any comments and suggestions you don't want to hear and saying, "Oh, I meant to do that!"[/QUOTe

That's not it . I don't have a problem with different views but it seems that often the views expressed
here are constructed to tear down rather than encourage . The last time I looked none of us were pros and as such not getting paid. Therefore, given those facts no one here is a whole better than anyone else. Therefore, let's try to build each other up rather than tear each other down. I am sure it would be more meaningful and a lot more fun. Don't you agree?

That's not it . I don't have a problem with different views but it seems that often the views expressed
here are constructed to tear down rather than encourage . The last time I looked none of us were pros and as such not getting paid. Therefore, given those facts no one here is a whole better than anyone else. Therefore, let's try to build each other up rather than tear each other down. I am sure it would be more meaningful and a lot more fun. Don't you agree?

I did not think the comments you received were "tearing down." It's all on how you interpret and process the information. If all we did was simply praise (build up, as you say) one another regardless of how crappy your photo may be, how will you grow? So no, I do not agree.

You, Or anyone ,Come on here and ask for opion....You got it! For free ! One would think, people would at least pay some respect to anyone who will take the time to respond. Good ,Bad , or Other
P.S. there are MANY "Pros" on this forum, most of them received the same type responses your complaining about, when they started........But a PRO will take the comments and make a change, and with that change EARN some respect for them selfs, FROM the Pros !

I did not think the comments you received were "tearing down." It's all on how you interpret and process the information. If all we did was simply praise (build up, as you say) one another regardless of how crappy your photo may be, how will you grow? So no, I do not agree.

Read what was said From the start. It wasn't me who started this but be assured that I am not going to let anyone come at me with disrespect .

Read what was said From the start. It wasn't me who started this but be assured that I am not going to let anyone come at me with disrespect .

I have read from the start an nothing was out of line. You were defensive from the get go. Again, it's all about how you perceived the comments. Regardless, I'm not arguing as you are not worth my time. :)

*I* add to it? Maybe you see it that way because I am actually defending another against you and your army of trolls. I'm sorry... i'm not the type of person to sit back and be silent (OR join in, laugh and point fingers) if someone is getting ridiculed or someone wants to purposely embarrass them. Forum or not. You might not know or CARE... but there is an actual person behind the screenname and in front of their computer with real feelings. Treat those how you want to be treated. "Where's the fun in that?" you probably would say. Well that just says a certain someone isn't really the one with "issues". Take a look in the mirror.

I am telling you this, but its not directed specifically only at you...

Ah. I see. It's OK for you to insult people and call them names when you are playing a Super Hero. Neat!

I think it's Karrissa or some other troll from the past. I'm amazed Kbarredo isn't here.
IBTL :thumbup:
Picture's been critiqued, op ignores the critigues, SabrinaO defends, sounds like recent Kbarredo thread.
I'd say it's kicking a dead horse again but we would see another 3 pages from SabrinO.

I have read from the start an nothing was out of line. You were defensive from the get go. Again, it's all about how you perceived the comments. Regardless, I'm not arguing as you are not worth my time. :)

If that is the case then why did you bother to respond?

So, I think the real question here is are you going to take the advice and repost with critiques in place?

The last time I looked none of us were pros and as such not getting paid.
You may wish to read more on this forum. Your staunchest defender in this thread is a true "pro", obviously a "seasoned pro" by this point.

I commented on your first thread "People", but you did not seem to be interested on my take of the photo. BTW, it was the only post to that point that was endearing to your model. My critique was overlooked and you played into the goaders hands rather than a reasonable, objective reply to the photo posted. It also seems you're playing into the hands of a misguided individual that is bitter for her lack of taking responsibility for her short comings. Apparently from what I've read on your next image (this thread) to be critiqued, you seem to have an appreciation for the attention as well. Nothing wrong with that, just good to know for the future. I've still got my comments on that photo if you're still interested.

The last time I looked none of us were pros and as such not getting paid.
You may wish to read more on this forum. Your staunchest defender in this thread is a true "pro", obviously a "seasoned pro" by this point.

I commented on your first thread "People", but you did not seem to be interested on my take of the photo. BTW, it was the only post to that point that was endearing to your model. My critique was overlooked and you played into the goaders hands rather than a reasonable, objective reply to the photo posted. It also seems you're playing into the hands of a misguided individual that is bitter for her lack of taking responsibility for her short comings. Apparently from what I've read on your next image (this thread) to be critiqued, you seem to have an appreciation for the attention as well. Nothing wrong with that, just good to know for the future. I've still got my comments on that photo if you're still interested.
Vs

Be assured that's not what I am about.

Most reactions

Back