Photo assignment Paralympics Rio

The second and fourth photos from the ceremonies are awesome. Well, they all are really, but those are particularly interesting and unusual. You always seem to get such good photos too of individual athletes that show the emotion of the event.

Real helpful of them to hire someone to schedule photographers who doesn't seem to have a clue how said photographers cover an event...

Temperatures are starting to go up now, +33c, just over 90F, tomorrow is suppose to be in the high 30's, so over a 100f, the walks start to get longer, 14km(8.6 miles) today hauling around the gear. I've grown some nice blisters on my feet, went and saw the Canadian team doctor the other day who patched me up, but it wasn't doing much, went the duct tape way and taped my toes up, not pretty but it works.

I shot all this stuff in the last 24 hours thanks to Canon loaning me a 600m, first time using it to shoot swimming, took some getting used t0, but what a great lens. Enjoy the pictures.

Very nice, thanks for sharing. Hope your not having to drag the 600mm very far.

Good stuff. Even though sports involving frozen water are more my thing I got to watching some of the swimming earlier. It was good tonight, they explained briefly how the swimmers are classified, etc. I don't know exactly how it's all determined but it was quite interesting.

These are all really wonderful. My favorite is the one of the swimmer with the tattooed arm hanging on the side of the pool. The color and lines of that one are just amazing. The one of the swimmer through the bike spikes is also a stand out.

Where do these ultimately end up? You're shooting for the Canadian team so I'm wondering if they will use them for their website/newspaper/magazine or for display in some future venue? I have no clue how that works so just curious what they do with them.

There isn't a lot of media coverage for these games, so we are working as a news supply avenue, mostly through social media. The pictures I'm editing, captioning and sending the images within minutes of each event, the photo I posted is the photo stand at the pool, most are working on laptops and doing the same thing I am. The pool was 40c(104f) tonight, there is a lot of stress involved in working this way and to honest it's not very enjoyable most of the time.

The other photos are of a random big guy that I saw sitting by himself, he isn't involved with the games, I just liked the light on him, the other is a backstroker.

Great work. Love the body shop shot in the back street set. I was in that business for 30 years.

Great capture of emotion!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back