Photo Editing and Fun!

Goose85

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So I am wanting to edit some photos for my significant other and I am VERY new to editing photos -- wondering if someone could help me out? Just so people know I am using Lightroom 5.

DSC_0183.JPG

This one I'm simply wondering what I could do with it -- fiddling around with exposure and all that jazz... but I really have no idea what this is all about!

DSC_0296.JPG

Again, I'd like to make this one so that it would be great to print and frame.

Optimized-DSC_0337.JPG

What I'd love to do in this one is actually fix the grass (I've tried the simple "spot" remover in Lightroom, but it seems to look silly trying to do such a large spot). Maybe even enhance the photo so that the stadium stands out more.

Optimized-DSC_0351.JPG Optimized-DSC_0352.JPG

With these photos, I just like the way they look but the hall is too dark and I'd like the chairs to possibly stand out.

Optimized-DSC_0330.JPG
This I wouldn't mind highlighting the sign in the background.

Anyways -- if anyone could help or suggest even youtube clips or what to do --- I'm kind of at a stand still of clicking too many buttons to see what happens and not ever being happy with whats going on.

Ideally I'd love to make a framed photo's (which include 3 photos - the baseball ones). I would be happy with black and white or colour as well.

Most of these images are the reduced size versions.

Thanks for any help at all!

Attachments

• Optimized-DSC_0331.JPG
    Optimized-DSC_0331.JPG
    249.7 KB · Views: 209
On the field you need to use the clone tool and clone grass from the right hand side and add it to the left hand side, just a small round circle should do the trick, again and again. Just watch the opacity on the circle so it doesn't have the blur to the edge or it will look like a bunch of blurry green dots :) You can always find a Youtube video on it. Do the same with the dirt to make it look like the rest too. As for the hallway photo increase shadows and exposure to bring a little life to the hallway and maybe some saturation and color. That is just a start.

Just a note: If you are editing the raw images it is much easier to get what you want in post processing than trying to edit the .jpgs .

Thanks,

I am using Raw images in Lightroom -- just when I attempted the clone function it seemed to just look like a bunch of circles (is there a way to blend it in better?)

Also know that you can 'clone' and 'heal' with that same wand. You may find one is more usefull than the other depending on what you're trying to fix.

How does one make the clone function not look so "fake". Regardless of what I used it just looks like a bunch of silly circles

Most reactions

New Topics

Back