Photo Shade material?

BInAphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi All - I am new to this forum. I work for a company that is using cameras in its equipment. We are having a problem with the ceiling lights interfering with our images, and were hoping to find some black cloth material (made for lighting or optics) that we could use to shade our targets from external light sources. Do any of you know where I can buy some, online? Who makes it? Cloth piece needs to be about 28" x 28" or so.

Thanks

Is the problem that the lights are casting unwanted light onto the image or is the problem the color balance? If it's the color balance that's easily corrected in the digital image editing process if you shoot in RAW format, or with filters if you're using film.

If it's actually unwanted light, any light-tight fabric will work. Go to your local fabric store and tell them you want to make light tight or blackout shades. They'll point you in the right direction.

28x28 ,,, anything would work for shade ... plywood, aluminum foil ... if you need a frame ... piece together some PVC ...

Isn't there a dark (black) material especially made for photography?? I checked the fabric store, and the blackout material that they sell is white in color; it is used for curtains. I would like something that also looks nice in our labs -- no plywood and such.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back