Photo shoot at the dock, C&C plz!

Richard1987

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey!
Went to the dock this afternoon to take some photos, I'd like to hear what you guys think of the photos :) Keep in mind I'm totally new to
photography...just got my first real camera! The photos have been edited in Adobe Lightroom.

2chndlk.jpg

wkjvar.jpg

v8os41.jpg

21zbwo.jpg

Thanks in advance...

/Richard

Good photos. #3 is my favourite. I'd like to see a black and white conversion of it with a slightly more contrasty skyline.

Thank you...on your request I tried to made a black and white version with a clearer skyline (still new to the editing program), here's the result:

2ic36lh.jpg

Last edited:
Cool shots
2&3 really excellent sky and placement of the bridge. I like that you included the rocks but would have perhaps tried varying the shutter speed to see if something cool could have come of the water for added effect.
4: Nice and classic, great sky for it. Great job

Noob with an artistic eye! I like it. I think the first pict would have been better with sticking to the rule of 1/3rds but not sure what ur setting was like. 2nd and 3rd picts look under exposed but maybe that was ur intent. I would love to see the 3rd picture with slower shutter speed. I'm actually fan of the 4th pic, the convergence is nice. That said, again it look slightly under exposed, maybe just .25-.5 stop. I has a dreamy feel to it but a little too contrasty for that feel. If it was brighter and in a 16:10 view, it would be hanging in my study.

BTW - if you use LR4, using split toning would really help with the PP of the pict. I think it has a lot of potential. The water looks greyish. Grad. filter would also help with the sky, all can be found in LR4 adjustment tool. Just my two pennies. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Your comments are really motivating, thanks guys :) I've had the Canon G1X for like two weeks and only gone out photographing a couple of times...and I've never used a editing program before so it's all jibberish to me haha before this camera I've used a crappy budget compact camera and nothing else..

I was shooting the picture in AV mode, so the camera chose the shutter speed...also it was pretty windy out there, not sure if i could've used long shutter speed (but i'll keep it in mind for next time :) )

I really liked the idea of the 4th pic being in 16:10 and I tried to do SOME of the changes u gave as advice...here's the result:

2yovcau.jpg

Keep leaving comments and advice...it is much appreciated. There's only one way to learn :)

Not exactly what I was thinking. The sky is blown out now. Split toning on the water - still looks greyish, not sure if anything was done at all. Hard to explain the exact step by step on the LR adjustments. Just play with it and look for youtube lessons.

Now that you've got shot #3, you can discard #2. #3 beats it.

#'s 1, 3, & 4 are keepers.

Thanks Designer :) And thanks for your additional thoughts Deuteronomy...

Nice, I like the third and fourth photo. I like the composition and the lightning, the B&W one is really good.

Det är inte möjligtvis Öresundsbron du har fotograferat?

Thank you Denon! :)
Absolut är det Öresundsbron! Samtliga foton är tagna ute på ön, vid gamla cementfabriken i Malmö!
For the none-swedish speaking, this is the bridge connecting Sweden to Denmark!

Nice! I must head down there someday, seems like a nice place to take some great photos(+ en gammal cementfabrik är ju alltid intressant.)

Malmö is pretty dull actually but Ön is a pretty nice place to take photographs from...I'm gonna drive out there again in the evening soon and take a closer look at the old concrete factory...see if I can get a couple of nice shots, but i know there's a big commerical poster on one side of it :S Don't see why they cant just give it some historical value instead of sticking posters to it :S

Nice, sounds like some good plans, I bet something interesting can be fund at the old concrete factory.

I actually moved down to Malmö in December so I find this city quite interesting so far and it's always fun to spot new places to photograph so I plan on heading out there some day as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back