Photographers around us

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, here come some shots I took when I got bored of taking pictures of horses and Jockeys ;) So this might tell us how we are seen by the people around us. We spend so much attention on the world around us, so I thought it is time to look at ourselves ;)

1: concentration
Link gone :(

2: he is certainly happy he is getting a good shot

3: behind the camera you hardly ever realise how bulky it really is

4: Little girl with big lenses

5: crossing the track

6: Nikon makes you happy ;)

7: Take a break

8: Stressed

... time for reflection, aye? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
What's that little girl bouncing her flash off of?

she was not using it .. she was just ready and did not take the flash off the camera ... you never know if you might not be indoors 5 minutes later on such events

Fascinating pictures - interesting to see the people and equipment 'behind the picture', and seeing their reactions and emotions whilst shooting. A shot I would have liked to have gotten whilst on holiday was something similar - all the other tourists on a boat trip we were on all pointing their cameras and camcorders at an attraction.

These kind of pictures do interest me - and would like to have a go at those kinds of pictures when the opportunity arises!

A shot I would have liked to have gotten whilst on holiday was something similar - all the other tourists on a boat trip we were on all pointing their cameras and camcorders at an attraction.

like these? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, that kind of thing! :mrgreen:

I think I'd like to get more into photographing people, their expressions, and just carrying on with their lives. Sorry, bit off topic here!

If you read the instructions that come with a Sto-fen you will see that it recommends you always have the flash in the bounce position, it gives a better result.

and its not such a big lens, its only a 300mm 2.8

great shots btw

and its not such a big lens, its only a 300mm 2.8

I knew you would say that ... ;) I know it is mainly the lens shade ... but then again, she is smaller than us ... so for her it is big!! :p

thats a big lens in my opinion...

If you read the instructions that come with a Sto-fen you will see that it recommends you always have the flash in the bounce position, it gives a better result.

I'll take your word for it, I hardly ever use mine.

In LA, outside of the fancy restaurants (where I get to spend most of my evenings) there's always a few paparazzi hanging around. A few weeks ago my wife and I had a quick dinner at Dan Tana's when the Hiltons walked in (together with Tommy Hilfiger), followed a few minutes later by Hugh Hefner with 9 (NINE!) playmates, followed a few minutes later by three of the Lakers. When we got outside there was 30 guys (with fat lenses) pointing at us just firing away like nervous grunts in their first combat engagement. My wife is quite cute, so they kept firing away, but once I got into the shot there was a discernable groan of disappointment that went through the crowd.

Of course, I did NOT have a camera with me.... bummer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back