Photographers Stuck in the Past

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure it matters. To the photographer and possibly his/her colleagues but does the end user care how you got there. I think that's all Alan is trying to say. If I'm buying a fine print, I want a fine print. If it's the effect I want, as the buyer (viewer) I don't care if it was Tri-x f11 @ 1/60th of a second or Plus-X....

Wow. You are one dedicated art buyer.

Then again, I am not 100% sure you read my last post accurately.

My serial killing days are behind me now.

Dedicated art buyer? Not me. My art comes already framed at Walmart. It's amazing how cheap you can buy an original piece of fine art there;)

But, if I see one of those fine Walmart originals, I never ask myself "I wonder what camera or f-stop he used?" If it pleases the eye, I buy it.

Last edited:
My serial killing days are behind me now.

Oh.. now you just doing one at a time, right?
WorriedSmileyFace-1.jpg

well, now that bath salts are illegal I'm having trouble getting motivated.

well, now that bath salts are illegal I'm having trouble getting motivated.

Everytime you post an image from now on.. I am going to wonder whose blood you used to develop/wash it! ;)

Last edited:
GAH!

Dichromated colloids are washed, not developed!!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?

EUGH!

you don't use the blood to wash the print, you use water - in this case, lime water works best (and no. i'm not talking about the fruit, that would probably coagulate the blood making the unexposed areas harder to wash). The blood is the colloid.

How can I rely on you to be my minion if you don't even know the basic process?

EUGH!

you don't use the blood to wash the print, you use water - in this case, lime water works best (and no. i'm not talking about the fruit, that would probably coagulate the blood making the unexposed areas harder to wash). The blood is the colloid.

How can I rely on you to be my minion if you don't even know the basic process?

I can make great Oatmeal... which can be a colloid, correct? TASTY!

I suppose that the starchy gluey part of oatmeal is colloidal, but oatmeal itself isn't evenly distributed.

Milk on the other hand....

I dont like black and white much and only rarely use it, I dont use chemical film, and I cant focus manually with my current camera anyway (I wouldnt focus all the time manually, but it would be nice to have the option), yet this entry posting is riddiculous.

Photography is art ... there is no such thing such as "outdated" in art. You can craft your view camera by hand (and there are good arguments that this is the ultimate kind of camera, anyway) and craft your own chemical film and make photos and your claim its art is still true.

Art is about creativity and expression, not about being fast and efficient at producing some kind of product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back