Photographers Stuck in the Past

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if that is the case, it is time to end this thread. :lol:

I think I ruined this shot by converting it to B&W.

7662139918_63771befdd_b.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]

Oh no, I really messed up shooting in manual...

doesn't anyone even care that I was making prints out of pig blood? The results had this cool anistropic quality.

any examples? I'd be curious

doesn't anyone even care that I was making prints out of pig blood? The results had this cool anistropic quality.

Well, now that you've teased me with that fancy-ass word in your description, yes, I would like to see one of these photos.

any examples? I'd be curious

Unfortunately, no. I lost the examples somewhere in between now and then. They scanned all right, but the coolest part was that it had this copper metallic quality when viewed at 45°, but straight on it was matte van dyke.

It's pretty easy to do. Presensitize the paper and dry with 12% ammonium dichromate and brush on the blood. Exposure times are pretty long, I think the blood blocks a lot of UV. You can get blood from any slaughter house or full service butcher. The blood will have to be filtered to remove clots and bits of meat.

Or alternately, if you're a serial killer type...

So, there was a guy walking around town with a jar of pigs blood when he thought to himself "I bet I can make photographic paper with this after I remove the clots a meat chucks.

LOL. Actually, I rode my bike to a meat packer about 2 miles out of town.

It was crazy. They were chopping pigs in half, you could see everything as the entrails fell out; an image I just cannot get out of my head. They just scooped the blood off the floor and put it in the jar and washed it off. I put the jar in my backpack with some ice and rode back to campus.

LOL. Actually, I rode my bike to a meat packer about 2 miles out of town.

It was crazy. They were chopping pigs in half, you could see everything as the entrails fell out; an image I just cannot get out of my head. They just scooped the blood off the floor and put it in the jar and washed it off. I put the jar in my backpack with some ice and rode back to campus.

That was an incredibly fascinating mental visual and scene that I really didn't need to have planted in my head. Thanks SO much.

:lol:

The viewer doesn't think about or really care whether you walked up a mountain to get the photograph, shot in film or digital, manual or automatic, B/W or color, how many pixels, type of film, what ISO, what f stop, which camera or lens. Either a picture works or it doesn't. The photo must do some thing for the viewer. The rest doesn't matter except to us.

unless the print is being produced from the viewer's own blood. then technique matters. A LOT.

and Frankenstein made monsters! I DONT EVEN want to know what you did with the rest of the pig!
ScaredSmileyFace-1.jpg

EDIT: Posted this prior to reading the last few posts... so I now know what happened to the pig. Still.. rather odd! ;) (besides.. it was an excuse to use one of my favorite smileys!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back